What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- This week's issue highlights a favorite four-letter word: beer. Robin Shepard, our own Sultan of Suds, provides a history lesson and conducts his own private tour of local breweries.
- Bill Lueders profiles Becky Malke, who had a star turn in Michael Moore's Sicko, and shares three health-care horror stories submitted by readers.
- Classical music lovers will be pleased to know the upcoming season promises some surprises. Others probably won't care. They can stay home.
- There are three festivals this week worth noting: Terrace Blues, Gandy Dancer, and Found Footage.
- Finally, David Medaris goes all Elmer Fudd on the local bunny population, and Jason Joyce extols the virtues of the Madison Mallards.