What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Marc Eisen provides a rare inside look into Epic Systems, Dane County's preeminent high-tech employer.
- Vikki Kratz reports on calls to make Madison-Kipp quiet down.
- Steve Braunginn dissects judge's ruling upholding amendment to ban gay marriage and civil unions in Wisconsin.
- Madison's classical music scene goes small.
- The Midwest Beat share their pure pop tunes with Madison.
- Kenneth Burns reports on the floods that destroyed crops at Harmony Valley Farm, plus the new restaurants Africana, Talula and A Place for Friends.
- Sally Franson ogles the locally made couture at The Green Parasol on Willy Street.
- Bring all the boys to the yard with delicious summer milkshakes. Terese Allen's got the recipes.
- David Medaris previews the second Borealis Paddling Expedition, which will take five dedicated women across Canada's Northwest Territories.