What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Tom Laskin talks to local farmers who process and package their own food in the cover story. The upshot: Great taste, more money.
- Jason Shepard reports that the Dane County 911 Center got call from murder victim Brittany Zimmermann, but did not send help.
- Bill Lueders files an update on Lorraine Cook rape case.
- Marc Eisen rips progs for favoring rhetoric over results.
- Kent Williams takes a fresh look at West Side Story.
- Rich Albertoni checks in with Madison rock group Tangy as they put the finishing touches on their new album.
- Raphael Kadushin finds that under a new chef, Harvest still honors the region by serving fine, locally sourced food.
- David Medaris sits down with the Ice Age Park & Trail Foundation's Andrew Hanson, who has some Ice Age Trail books to tout.