What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Jason Shepard casts a discerning eye at the state of Madison's local television news broadcasts.
- Nathan Comp tries to determine what those Ron Paul yard signs are all about.
- Bill Lueders visits a guy who's off the grid -- and paying for it.
- Stuart Levitan addresses the two Madisons -- the city and the president
- In arts, Paquito D'Rivera escaped from Cuba to become one of the world's great jazz saxophonists.
- Madison's Felicia Alima courts pop stardom with a disc of urban R&B.
- The new film version of Beowulf is an Old English freak show.
- In food, Jerry Minnich tests local chili.
- Last but not least, Mr. Right supports "F"-based language skills.