What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Kent Williams looks at where the State Street revelry fits into the long tradition of Halloween devilry.
- Tom Laskin tries to think globally, eat at least 10% locally.
- Vikki Kratz looks into why ATC is balking at putting its new transmission line underground.
- Bill Lueders surveys the budget mess and asks, "Can't we all just get along?"
- Guitarist Bill Frisell shuns musical labels.
- The Grateful Dead's Mickey Hart creates a world of rhythm with the GlobalDrum Project.