The Isthmus Beer & Cheese Fest is almost upon us, but there is still time to get your tickets for this extraordinary event. On Saturday, January 21, more than 70 of Wisconsin's finest brewers and cheesemakers will tout over 300 varieties of their delectable creations at the Alliant Energy Center's Exhibition Hall.
Not only will the fest feature some of the tastiest beer and cheese offerings from across the state, but it will also offer an opportunity to meet the experts in the crafts of brewing and cheese-making. You will have a chance to learn about how to best pair beers and cheeses, and learn why certain beers go better with a variety of cheeses, chocolates and other foods.
Sara Hill, culinary manager of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, will provide insights on how to best pair a variety of cheeses with beers from the Potosi Brewing Company. Gail Ambrosius of Ambrosius Chocolatier and Ale Asylum will orchestrate an intriguing chocolate and beer pairing presentation. Finally, Jacob Hill of Whole Foods Market will present a prix fixe menu of small plates paired with various beers.
Take a look at the presentations schedule, and don't miss out on this opportunity to listen, learn, and enjoy:
- 1:00 p.m.: Doors open to Premium Tasting ticketholders.
- 2:00 p.m.: Doors open to all ticketholders.
- 2:00 p.m.: Cheese and beer pairing presentation with the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board culinary manager Sara Hill. Reservations are required for this free session; to sign up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3:30 p.m.: Chocolate and beer pairing presentation with Gail Ambrosius of Ambrosius Chocolatier and Ale Asylum Brewing. The price for this presentation is $10, and is available for purchase either at the door of the event or at the Isthmus office.
- 5:00 p.m.: Prix fixe small plates pairing with Jacob Hill of Whole Foods Market. The price for this presentation is $10 and is available for purchase either at the door of the event or at the Isthmus office.
It all happens from 2-6 p.m on Saturday, January 21 at the Alliant Energy Center's Exhibition Hall. Buy your tickets today online or at the following ticket vendor locations: Star Liquor, Fromagination, Steve's Liquor, Vintage Brewing Company, and The Malt House. Tickets are $40 in advance or $45 the day of the event. Premium Tasting tickets are $75
Need a ride? Union Cab is offering free rides to the fest and discounted rides from it with your ticket stub.
Follow the fest on Facebook for updates and for more details.
The 2012 Isthmus Beer & Cheese Fest is sponsored by the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, TRICOR Insurance, Whole Foods, Brennan's Market, Gorst Valley Hops, Union Cab, Fromagination, Gail Ambrosius Chocolatier, and Star Liquor.