Who will you nominate?
Heartland Credit Union and Isthmus Publishing Company once again encourage you to nominate and celebrate the independent businesses and artists for the annual "Indies," the Isthmus Independent Business Awards. The "Indies," will honor local business leaders and artists who boldly go their own way and, by doing so, have made our community richer. They embrace risk, shrug off stereotypes and boldly leap outside the box.
This September, area residents will nominate worthy local business people and artists who represent the best of the community through their leadership, philanthropy and community building. Nominees must be independent business owners or operators, proprietors, fine artists or performers, based in or around Madison and Dane County. These are people you know: innovative retailers and restaurants, artists who create community, neighborhood champions, eco-forward entrepreneurs, and small-business advocates.
There will be Indie Awards given in the following eight categories:
- Market Spark: The nominees are local businesses that have stepped out in front of the crowd modeling innovative practices.
- Fresh Food Friend: The nominees are committed to delivering local, sustainable food through restaurant or retail channels.
- Green Angel: The nominees advocate for environmentally sustainable practices in their local businesses and lifestyles, encouraging others to do the same.
- Heartland Artist: The nominees are visual or performing artists who demonstrate a commitment to the community through their work, representing the best of the independent-minded creative class.
- Dynamic Developer: The nominees create sustainable projects that benefit the community.
- Neighborhood Notable: The nominees demonstrate leadership in making their neighborhood and its businesses successful.
- Bridge Builder: The nominees bring together people with different points of view to effect positive change.
- Dane and Beyond: The nominees use new technology to reach beyond today's way of doing business. They encourage innovation to connect Dane County with the world.
It's easy and takes just a minute -- who will you nominate?
Place nominations online, or mail them to:
c/o Indies Awards
Heartland Credit Union
5325 High Crossing Blvd.
Madison, WI 53718
Nominations are open until September 25, 2011. The award presentation ceremony takes place on November 14 at Steenbock's on Orchard.