Here are a few pointers on how to maximize your enjoyment of the Isthmus Beer & Cheese Fest on Saturday January 21. With over 300 great local beers and cheeses, it's easy to be excited, but take these tips into consideration before and during your day for a much more enjoyable experience.
- It may go without saying, but bring your ID. Everyone will be checked at the door and it would be a shame to be turned away before you even step foot into the festival.
- Wear comfortable shoes! Any beer festival veteran will vouch for this. When walking for four hours in an environment where spills are expected, it just makes sense to wear closed-toe, comfortable shoes. You won't regret it.
- Stay hydrated! Anyone with beer-drinking experience will tell you that drinking water in between beers not only makes you feel better after you've finished drinking, but also let's you savor the distinct tastes of the different beers you'll be sampling.
- Don't pre-game, and pace yourself. You'll have lots of time to sample plenty of beers, so don't go overboard. There will be more than enough beer for everyone at this event.
- Don't drop your glass. Every attendee will get a commemorative glass, but if yours breaks, you get a lovely plastic cup for a replacement.
- Plan your trip in advance. Union Cab is offering free rides to the Alliant Energy Center before the festival and reduced fare after the fest. Otherwise, book a room at the Sheraton (or wherever), set up a designated driver, ride a Metro bus -- it is in your best interest.
Now that you know how to do it right, make sure you've got your tickets for the fest! They're going fast, and there are only a few of the pairing session tickets left!
It all happens from 2-6 p.m on Saturday, January 21 at the Alliant Energy Center's Exhibition Hall. Buy your tickets today online or at the following ticket vendor locations: Star Liquor, Fromagination, Steve's Liquor, Vintage Brewing Company, and The Malt House. Tickets are $40 in advance or $45 the day of the event. Premium Tasting tickets are $75, and pairing session tickets are $10
Follow the fest on Facebook for updates and for more details.
The 2012 Isthmus Beer & Cheese Fest is sponsored by the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, TRICOR Insurance, Whole Foods, Brennan's Market, Gorst Valley Hops, Union Cab, Fromagination, Gail Ambrosius Chocolatier, and Star Liquor.