You have a ticket for Isthmus a la Carts. Now what? First, you are lucky! It is sold out. Now, here are some tips for enjoying the event.
The fourth annual food cart festival pulls up on the shores of Lake Monona in Olin Park, from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, May 9. The event is sold out, and no tickets will be available at the gate.
What to bring:
- Bring your printed ticket or your e-ticket, plus your ID and cash for beer if you are 21 or older. Remember, children 4 and older need a ticket to get in.
- Bring portable chairs and beach blankets if you want to get comfortable on the grass.
- Walking shoes. It may be a little muddy off the grass, so shoe yourself accordingly.
What not to bring:
- Don't bring your pets, or anyone who doesn't have a ticket. Remember, children 4 and older need a ticket to get in.
How to get there:
- Ride your bike. There's limited car parking at Olin Park, so if you have to drive, carpool. Be sure to have a designated driver.
- Ride a B-cycle. Enter the promo code 5914 at B-cycle kiosks to waive the $5 fee. B-cycle has set up a bike valet at the event.
- Take the #12 bus from downtown. Check the Metro Transit Service Chart for other connections.
- If you drive, be prepared to walk a bit. Parking is limited. You will get a ticket from the city if you park your car illegally.
Once you are inside:
- Drink tickets are available at a separate station near the bar. Buy beer tickets there (one for $4, two for $7) and enjoy a delicious brew from Leinenkugel's or Blue Moon. Wisco Pop will also be on sale.
- Start at the cart with the shortest line. Then line up at another while you eat.
- Be sure to sample from food carts you haven't tried before!
- Say thank you to the vendors, and give a tip to your bartender. Your tips support our charitable partners, Madison's FEED Kitchens and the Alzheimer's Association.
Remember, the dinner bell rings at 4 p.m., rain or shine, with music and refreshments continuing until 8 p.m.
Isthmus a la Carts 2014 is sponsored by Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company, Mini of Madison, Mix 105.1, 105.5 Triple M, and the Alzheimer's Association.