Here are a few pointers on how to maximize your enjoyment of the Isthmus Beer & Cheese Fest coming up on Saturday January 29. With over 200 great local beers and cheeses to be served there, it's easy to be excited, but take these tips into consideration before and during your escapade for a much more enjoyable experience.
- It may go without saying, but bring your ID. Everyone will be checked at the door and it would be a shame to be turned away before you even step foot into the festival.
- Wear comfortable shoes! Any beer festival veteran will vouch for this. When walking for hours in an environment where spills are expected it just makes sense to wear close toed, comfortable shoes. You won't regret it.
- Stay hydrated! Along with minimizing the morning after feeling, you'll be able to savor the taste more if you drink a cup of water after a sample or two.
- Don't pre-game. You'll have lots of time to sample plenty of beers so don't go overboard. The more you drink, the less you'll taste.
- Plan your trip. Union Cab is offering free rides to the Alliant Energy Center before the festival and reduced fare after the fest with ticket stubs. Otherwise, a designated driver or the Madison Metro is in your best interest.
Now that you know how to do it right, make sure you've got your tickets for the fest! They're going fast and there are only a few pairing session tickets left!
Join the fun from 1-5 p.m on Saturday, January 29 at the Alliant Energy Center's Exhibition Hall. Buy your tickets today online or at the following ticket vendor locations: Star Liquor, Fromagination, Steve's Liquor, Vintage Brewing Company, and the Malt House. Tickets are $40 in advance or $45 the day of the event.
The 2011 Isthmus Beer & Cheese Fest is sponsored by the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Gorst Valley Hops, TRICOR Insurance, Union Cab, Ambrosius Chocolatier, Furthermore Brewing, Fromagination and Star Liquor.