Robert McDuffie will be playing with the Madison Symphony Orchestra this weekend.
Join us for the Isthmus Wisconsin Film Festival preview party on Thursday at High Noon Saloon to catch a peek at some of the films screening in Madison in April! Also, if you're looking for free tickets, we are currently holding contests for including the concerts featuring Dope, "A Tale of Two Springs" at the MSO, and Smile Empty Soul.
Here are some of these upcoming events:
- Make your St. Patrick's Day is green, and catch the band Dope playing on Saturday, Mar. 17 at Level 8 in Evansville. The band might ring a bell as they have frequently provided accompanying music for Extreme Championship Wrestling, among other television shows. Win tickets here!
- Celebrate the arrival of a warmer season as violinist Robert McDuffie and the Madison Symphony Orchestra perform Vivaldi and Stravinsky classics with "A Tale of Two Springs" at Overture Hall from Mar. 16-18. There will also be an opportunity to meet McDuffie and get a glimpse of his 1735 Guarneri del Gesu violin, a $3.5 million instrument once owned by Niccolo Paganini. Win tickets here to the St. Patrick's Day performance on Saturday night!
- The 'post-grunge' quartet Smile Empty Soul is playing with The Exies and Autovain at the Annex on Thursday, Mar. 29. Win tickets here!
There are also two upcoming free shows as part of the Line Breaks lecture performance series on spoken word and hip-hop at the UW. These follow:
- Actor, playwright and director Danny Hoch will be visiting the Wisconsin Historical Society auditorium two weeks later on Monday, Mar. 19. Hoch's work has been honored with multiple awards including two OBIES.
- Dennis Kim and Mayda del Valle will be performing at the Wisconsin Historical Society Auditorium Monday, Mar. 26. The spoken word artists have proven their ability to capture audiences with their passion and talent for both writing and performing.
What else is going on?
We are bringing you more bartenders through our "Bartender of the Week" contest. Get that Madison bartender the recognition they deserve, try their favorite drink, learn their best and worst pick up lines and enter to win free merchandise.
Catch a glance of what's coming to this year's Wisconsin Film Festival at the Isthmus preview party. Isthmus will be hosting a sneak preview party at High Noon Saloon on Mar. 15. This is your chance to find out how to win festival tickets and get a glance of films yet to come. You must be 21 or older to attend.
Finally, The Big Eat will be held at Monona Terrace on Monday, Apr 23. Not only is this an opportunity to enjoy a variety of foods in great company, but all proceeds of the culinary extravaganza will benefit families at partnering Family Centers. Tables may be reserved here.
Remember to visit Isthmus promotions for updates on local events and shows!