Wednesday, Feb. 28 and Thursday, Mar. 1 respectively mark your last chance to win tickets to see Tally's Folly and Altan. Additionally, tickets to see Jack Daniel's No. 7 presenting the Grammy-winning rock band, OK Go are still being given away exclusively through Isthmus and the local Studio No. 7 promotional teams. Be sure to continue reading below, because there is something for everyone on our new and updated Isthmus List, including Alix Olson, Danny Hoch, the Isthmus Film Festival Preview, and The Big Eat!
Here's our list of the performances:
- Altan will be bringing their award winning mix of traditional Irish songs and hard hitting jigs to the Capitol Theatre at the Overture Center for the Arts this Saturday, Mar. 3. Win tickets here!
- The romantic love story of Talley's Folly will be staged in the Playhouse at Overture from Friday, Mar. 9 through Sunday, Apr. 1. Watch the sparks fly when the young nurse's aide from a wealthy, Protestant family falls for a Jewish accountant eleven years her senior. Win tickets here for the Wednesday or Thursday night preview performances!
- Daniel's Studio No. 7 presents OK Go in Madison on Tuesday, Mar. 13. Enter here for your chance to win tickets! The only way to experience Jack Daniel's Studio No. 7 live is to win tickets through Isthmus, or from local Studio No. 7 promotional teams. You must be at least 21 years old to participate.
There are also three upcoming shows in the Line Breaks lecture performance series on spoken word and hip-hop. These follow:
- The first annual Dancefest, A Benefit For First Wave Scholarships featuring "In Black N' White" & SambaDÃ will be held this Saturday, Mar. 3 in the Great Hall at the UW Memorial Union.
- Spoken word artist-activist Alix Olson will be performing Monday, Mar. 5 at the Wisconsin Historical Society. Since winning the National Poetry Slam competition in New York City in 1998, the internationally touring folk poet and progressive queer artist-activist has been igniting audiences everywhere.
- Actor, playwright and director Danny Hoch will be visiting the Wisconsinsin Historical Society auditorium two weeks later on Monday, Mar. 19. Hoch's work has been honored with multiple awards including two OBIES.
What else is going on?
We are bringing you more bartenders through our "Bartender of the Week" contest. Get that Madison bartender the recognition they deserve, try their favorite drink, learn their best and worst pick up lines and enter to win free merchandise.
Catch a glance of what's coming to this years Wisconsin Film Festival at the Isthmus Film Festival preview. Isthmus will be hosting a sneak preview party at High Noon Saloon on Mar. 15. This is your chance to find out how to win festival tickets and get a glance of films yet to come. You must be 21 or older to attend.
Finally, The Big Eat will be held at Monona Terrace on Monday, Apr 23. Not only is this an opportunity to enjoy a variety of foods in great company, but all proceeds of the culinary extravaganza will benefit families at partnering Family Centers. Tables may be reserved here.
Visit Isthmus promotions for updates on local events and shows!