The Isthmus Guest List is back with another round of free tickets to amazing concerts, shows and more fun events around Madison. This week's contests include tickets to: Patty Larkin and Back Door Slam at the Majestic; Hanson at the Barrymore; Funk 'n Flow at Orpheum; Glen Phillips at the High Noon; The Nerd by the Madison Rep; The 5 Browns and Martin Short at Overture; Frederica von Stade and The Anonymous Four at the UW Memorial Union; free workouts at Studio Melt; Isthmus Green Day at Monona Terrace; and much more.
In this week's list:
- John DeMain and the Madison Symphony Orchestra welcome the singular pianist Emanuel Ax back to Overture Hall for a concert on Friday, March 28. Win tickets here!
- Funk 'n Flow, presented by the Village Health Project, will feature music by The Rhythm Section, Aaron Williams and the Hoodoo, and the Family Groove Company at the Orpheum on Saturday, March 29. Win tickets here!
- Patty Larkin will mesmerize Madison with her bluesy voice and textured guitar sound in a show at the Majestic on Saturday, March 29. Win tickets here!
- Grammy-nominee Frederica von Stade will share her incredible voice with an appearance at the Wisconsin Union Theater on Sunday, March 30. Win tickets here!
- Take a trip to view Sahel: A West African Journey with Mary Lee and Sid Nolan at the Wisconsin Union Theater on Monday, March 31. Win tickets here!
- Back Door Slam uses their precocious talents to create their own mind-blowing brand of contemporary/traditional blues-rock which they'll be playing at the Majestic Theatre on Monday, March 31. Win tickets here!
- Win a free week of exercise classes at the all-new Studio Melt located at 202 State Street. You can choose between many different exercise classes, including Bikini Booth Camp, Zumba and Nia. Enter here to win!
- The 5 Browns will tickle five ivories when they perform at the Overture Center on Friday, April 4. Win tickets here!
- The Anonymous Four will perform their vocal renditions of medieval and contemporary classics in a show with progressive fiddler Darol Anger and bluegrass-newgrass guitarist Scott Nygaard at the Wisconsin Union Theater on Thursday, April 10. Win tickets here!
- Glen Phillips, the former front-man of Toad the Wet Sprocket, will make a splash in a show at the High Noon Saloon on Thursday, April 10. Win tickets here!
- Hanson is back, and will be performing its funk-influenced pop tunes in a concert with Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers at the Barrymore Theatre on Saturday, April 12. Win tickets here!
- Fans of Knocked Up and The 40 Year Old Virgin will find more fun at Forgetting Sarah Marshall, a new movie directed by Nicholas Stoller. Get ready to laugh in an advance screening at Marcus Point UltraScreen Cinema on Thursday, April 17. Win tickets here!
- Bring your bottle of hairspray for the Madison Music Project concert in April as we welcome Def Leppard tribute band Photograph to the Badger Bowl on Saturday, April 19. Win tickets here!
- The Madison Repertory Theatre's production of The Nerd will be far from a halfwit in sneak preview performances at The Playhouse in the Overture Center on Friday, April 31 and Saturday, May 1. Win tickets here!
- Classic funnyman and Tony and Emmy awards winners Martin Short will deliver a playful one-man show at Overture Hall on Saturday, May 31. Win tickets here!
Also, The Big Eat is be returning to Monona Terrace, running from 5 to 8:30 p.m. on Monday, April 14. If you come to this event once, you will always come again. Yes, it really is that wonderful! Not only is this an opportunity to enjoy a variety of foods in great company, but all proceeds of the culinary extravaganza will benefit families at partnering Family Centers. Tables may be reserved here.
Remember to visit Isthmus promotions for updates on local events and shows!