Isthmus has more concert tickets for you this April including Josh Kelley and former New Kid on the Block, Joey Mcintyre. Also, the Line Breaks lecture performance series is continuing to bring you captivating word artists at the Wisconsin Historical Society. Other upcoming events include the Isthmus Jazz Festival on the Memorial Union Terrace and the Big Eat!
Win tickets to these shows:
- Singer-songwriter Josh Kelley will be performing on Tuesday, Apr. 10 at the Orpheum Stage Door. Kelley, who began his career at the age of 11, has toured with musicians such as Jack Johnson, John Mayer and Ben Harper. Win tickets here!
- Come relive the late '80s and early '90s with former New Kid on the Block, Joey McIntyre on Sunday, Apr. 22 at the Orpheum Stage Door. This music veteran is a modern throwback to the classic song-and-dance men of show business and has starred on Broadway and Dancing with the Stars. Win tickets here!
There are also two upcoming events as part of the Line Breaks lecture and performance series on spoken word and hip-hop at the Wisconsin Historical Society. These follow:
- Lauren Whitehead, one of the premier young word artists in the country, will be appearing on Monday, Apr. 9. When not performing or in class, the University of Michigan senior and winner of the U. of Michigan-Club Poetry Slam can be found sharing her talent with local Ann-Arbor teens.
- Rafeal Casual and Dahlak Brathwaite will join the list of talented word artists on Monday, Apr. 16. Casual is the youngest poet to appear on Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry on HBO, while Brathwaite recently recorded his debut album. The two have both expanded their talents by incorporating hip-hop into their performances.
- Omar Sosa and his Afreecans Quartet will be playing his urban jazz sounds on Thursday, Apr. 26. at Music Hall. The charismatic artist draws on a wide range of world music to create a powerful sound that is sure to bring audiences to their feet.
What else is going on?
We are bringing you more bartenders through our "Bartender of the Week" contest. Get that Madison bartender the recognition they deserve, try their favorite drink, learn their best and worst pick up lines and enter to win free merchandise.
The Big Eat will be held at Monona Terrace on Monday, Apr 23. Not only is this an opportunity to enjoy a variety of foods in great company, but all proceeds of the culinary extravaganza will benefit families at partnering Family Centers. Tables may be reserved here.
Finally, the Isthmus Jazz Festival
Remember to visit Isthmus promotions for updates on local events and shows!