The Isthmus Guest List is back with another round of free tickets to concerts, shows, and more fun events around Madison. This week's contests include tickets to Mandy Moore, Mat Kearney, Elliot Yamin, Tommy Emmanuel, and Project/Object at the Majestic Theatre, Fall for Dance: Bright Lights by the Kanopy and Riad dance companies and Madison Symphony Orchestra at the Overture Center.
In this week's list:
- View a sneak preview of the action blockbuster The Kingdom on the Ultrascreen at Marcus Point Cinema on Monday, September 24. Win tickets here!
- Celebrate the grand opening of Madison's newest music venue when Mandy Moore performs at the Majestic Theatre along with Ben Lee on Saturday, September 29. Win tickets here!
- Kanopy Dance Company is collaborating this month with the Riad Dance Company to produce a dynamic, cross-cultural blend of modern and ethnic Middle Eastern dance. Shows run from September 28-30 in the Promenade Hall Theater at the Overture Center. Win tickets here!
- The Crystal Corner Bar is playing host to the latest stop on the Madison Music Project Charter Club Tour with The Motor Primitives, Aniv de la Rev, and El Donk on Saturday, September 29. Win tickets here!
- The Madison Symphony Orchestra is pulling out all the stops in its season opener, when Maestro John DeMain leads the company in a performances of Claude Debussy's picturesque "Nocturnes" (accompanied by the Madison Symphony Women's Chorus) and Jean Sibelius's last great work, the single-movement "Symphony No. 7." Additionally, beloved Briton Thomas Trotter returns by popular demand to perform two works on the MSO's mighty Overture Concert organ -- Samuel Barber's fiery "Toccata Festiva" and Alexandre Guilmant's romantic tour-de-force, "Symphony No. 2 for Organ and Orchestra." The concerts will be performed on Friday, September 28 and Saturday, September 29 at Overture Hall. Win tickets here!
- American Idol finalist Elliot Yamin will be performing at the Majestic Theatre on Saturday, October 6, and will be joined by Josh Hoge and The Last Goodnight. Win tickets here!
- Inspired electro-alt rock band Mute Math is rocking out with special guest Eisley at the Barrymore Theatre on Sunday, October 7. Win tickets here!
- Matt Kearney will be bringing his blend of soft pop, rap, and guitar-friendly tunes to the Majestic Theatre on Tuesday, October 16. Win tickets here!
- Don't forget to sign up for your chance to win two passes for "the best seat in the house" at Sundance Cinema Madison, the premier art house cinema in the country that's located at Hilldale Mall. Win tickets here!
- Famed guitarist Tommy Emmanuel will be wowing audiences with Pamela Rose at the Majestic Theatre on Saturday, October 20. Win tickets here!
- Project/Object reinvents Frank Zappa at the Majestic Theatre on Tuesday, October 23. Win tickets here!
- You can now have a piece of the critically-acclaimed movie The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters -- a documentary that follows two men on their hysterical and touching journey as they compete to get the highest Donkey Kong arcade game score -- with a full size poster. Win a copy here!
- The Chazen Museum of Art will be displaying an exhibition by Madison-based photographer Michael Kienitz from September 8 through October 28. Titled "Small Arms: Children of Conflict," the series features thirty-six photographs of children taken during some of the fiercest conflicts since the Vietnam War, in places such as Belfast, Lebanon, Central America, and the United States. Enter to win here for a catalogue for the exhibition.
What else is going on?
We are bringing you more bartenders through our "Bartender of the Week" contest. Give those Madison bartenders the recognition they deserve, try their favorite drink, learn their best and worst pick up lines and enter to win free merchandise.
Remember to visit Isthmus promotions for updates on local events and shows!