The Isthmus Guest List is back with another round of free tickets to amazing concerts, shows and more fun events around Madison. This week's contests include tickets to: New Year's parties at the Majestic, Barrymore, and Orpheum; Crooked Barn, Boulder Acoustic Society, Bowerbirds, and Trapper Schoepp and the Shades at the High Noon; Why Torture Is Wrong and the People Who Love Them and Little House on the Prairie at Overture; Three Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin at the Coliseum; the Emerson String Quartet at the Union Theater; and more!
In this week's list:
- Ring in 2010 at a New Year's party with the Hometown Sweethearts and DJ Nick Nice at the Majestic Theatre on Thursday, December 31. Win tickets here!
- Celebrate the year that was at a New Year's bash with Natty Nation, Steez, Shoeless Revolution, and Intelescope at the Barrymore Theater on Thursday, December 31. Win tickets here!
- Dance all night long at a New Year's party with Kid Sister, Dessa & Sims with Paper Tiger of Doomtree. F. Stokes with DJ Vinnie Toma, Dirty Disco Kidz, and others at the Orpheum Theater on Thursday, December 31. Win tickets here!
- Crooked Barn will play thinking man's blues and country rock for dreamers in a show at the High Noon Saloon on Wednesday, January 6. Win tickets here!
- Boulder Acoustic Society takes the stage with its indie-folk sound at a show with The Kentucky Waterfalls at the High Noon Saloon on Thursday, January 14. Win tickets here!
- Forward Theatre is producing the Midwest premiere of Why Torture Is Wrong and the People Who Love Them, a satire about America's growing homeland "insecurity," at the Playhouse in the Overture Center from December 30 through January 17. Win tickets here!
- Bowerbirds will be joined by Sharon Van Etten and Peter Wolf Crier for a night of timeless music at the High Noon Saloon on Sunday, January 17. Win tickets here!
- Rock out with multi-platinum Three Days Grace, along with Breaking Benjamin and special guests Flyleaf when they hit town for a show at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum at the Alliant Energy Center on Monday, January 18. Win tickets here!
- Little House on the Prairie remains one of the most popular and beloved celebrations of early Americana, and a musical version will be staged at the Overture Center on Tuesday, January 19. Win tickets here!
- Trapper Schoepp and the Shades will share their Milwaukee stylings at a show The Sensationalists and Marty Finkel at the High Noon Saloon on Wednesday, January 20. Win tickets here!
- The Emerson String Quartet, the best group of its kind in America, will grace Madison with a performance at the Wisconsin Union Theater on Friday, January 22. Win tickets here!
- Reverend Deadeye will deliver a spirited punk-inspired blues and gospel holy rollin' revival performance at the High Noon Saloon on Sunday, January 24. Win tickets here!
- Alonzo King's LINES Ballet will share its amazing skills with a performance at the Wisconsin Union Theater on Saturday, February 6. Win tickets here!
Get your tickets today for the Isthmus Beer & Cheese Fest on Saturday, January 30 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Alliant Energy Center. Join us between the lakes in frosty Madison for a wintertime celebration of Wisconsin's finest beer and artisanal cheeses. Meet and mingle with brewers and cheesemakers from all over the great state of Wisconsin, as you sample their delicious and often hard-to-find products. At the fest, you can listen and learn from experts about what beers go best with what cheeses, chocolates and everyday foods. You'll also be able to dance to great live music from the Cork n' Bottle String Band and mix and mingle in the bier garden. For an ever-growing list of the Fest's brewers and cheesemakers, please visit TheDailyPage.com/beercheese. Tickets are limited. Advance tickets are $40 and can be purchased at TheDailyPage.com/beercheese, Isthmus Publishing (101 King Street) and Steve's Liquor. You can buy $35 tickets with a qualifying purchase of beer or cheese at Star Liquor and Fromagination. Buy two for that special someone on your holiday list! The 2010 Isthmus Beer & Cheese Fest is sponsored by the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, TRICOR Insurance, Union Cab, Fromagination and Star Liquor. p>
What's cheaper than a roll in the hay...? Nothing, but some things come close with Isthmus Saves. You come here to win great prizes. Now, you can visit Isthmussaves.com to save even more money! Find fantastic deals on DVDs, CDs, food, drink and so much more, but don't wait -- they are going fast! If you miss one, don't worry -- we'll be adding more deals all the time!