The Isthmus Guest List is back with another round of free tickets to concerts, shows, and more fun events around Madison. This week's contests include tickets to ART by Stroller's Theatre, Fall for Dance: Bright Nights by the Kanopy and Riad dance companies, Death of a Salesman at the Madison Rep, the MSO season opener, and Mute Math with Eisley at the Barrymore.
In this week's list:
- Stroller's Theatre is producing the award-winning show ART through this at the Bartell Theatre, including a pair of shows on September 13 and 14. Win tickets here!
- The Madison Repertory Theatre is producing Arthur Miller's masterpiece Death of a Salesman at the Playhouse in Overture Center in September and October, including a pair of preview shows on Wednesday, September 19 and Thursday, September 20. Win tickets here!
- Kanopy Dance Company is collaborating this month with the Riad Dance Company to produce a dynamic, cross-cultural blend of modern and ethnic Middle Eastern dance. Shows run from September 28-30 in the Promenade Hall Theater at the Overture Center. Win tickets here!
- The Madison Symphony Orchestra is pulling out all the stops in its season opener, when Maestro John DeMain leads the company in a performances of Claude Debussy's picturesque "Nocturnes" (accompanied by the Madison Symphony Women's Chorus) and Jean Sibelius's last great work, the single-movement "Symphony No. 7." Additionally, beloved Briton Thomas Trotter returns by popular demand to perform two works on the MSO's mighty Overture Concert organ -- Samuel Barber's fiery "Toccata Festiva" and Alexandre Guilmant's romantic tour-de-force, "Symphony No. 2 for Organ and Orchestra." The concerts will be performed on Friday, September 28 and Saturday, September 29 at Overture Hall. Win tickets here!
- Inspired electro-rock band Mute Math is rocking out with special guest Eisley at the Barrymore Theatre on Sunday, October 7. Win tickets here!
- The Chazen Museum of Art will be displaying an exhibition by Madison-based photographer Michael Kienitz from September 8 through October 28. Titled "Small Arms: Children of Conflict," the series features thirty-six photographs of children taken during some of the fiercest conflicts since the Vietnam War, in places such as Belfast, Lebanon, Central America, and the United States. Enter to win here for a catalogue for the exhibition.
What else is going on?
We are bringing you more bartenders through our "Bartender of the Week" contest. Give those Madison bartenders the recognition they deserve, try their favorite drink, learn their best and worst pick up lines and enter to win free merchandise.
Remember to visit Isthmus promotions for updates on local events and shows!