The Isthmus Guest List is back with another round of free tickets to amazing concerts, shows and more fun events around Madison. This week's contests include tickets to: People in Planes, Tapes 'n Tapes and Secondhand Serenade at The Majestic; Underculture and The Afterdarks, Zebra, the Real ID Act, and Lorenzo's Music at The Frequency; Apparatus, The John Masino Band, and LUBE at The Club Tavern; Sharon Van Etten, and All Tiny Creatures at the Project Lodge; Walls of Jericho at the Annex; and more.
In this week's list:
- People in Planes fly all the way from Wales to perform at the Majestic on Saturday, August 9. Win tickets here!
- Underculture and The Afterdarks swing into town for a show at The Frequency on Saturday, August 9. Win tickets here!
- In the action-comedy Tropic Thunder, Ben Stiller plays pampered action superstar Tugg Speedman, who is cast in the biggest, most expensive war movie ever produced. There will be a sneak preview of the movie at the Marcus Point Ultra-Screen on Tuesday, August 12. Win tickets here!
- You definitely won't find this kind of fun at the zoo when Zebras are joined by Mostly Bears and Being Human for a show at The Frequency on Thursday, August 14. Win tickets here!
- Tapes 'n Tapes returns to town, stepping up and across the street from a previous stop at the old King Club to a concert at The Majestic Theatre on Friday, August 15. Win tickets here!
- Sharon Van Etten combines vocals and guitar to create a sound she describes as "sad prairie folk music," and will share her tunes in a show at the Project Lodge on Saturday, August 16. Win tickets here!
- All Tiny Creatures, Cages, and Jon Mueller will be performing at the Project Lodge on Monday, August 18. Win tickets here!
- Secondhand Serenade, an American acoustic rock solo project fronted by vocalist and guitarist John Vesely, will be found on stage in a show at The Majestic Theatre on Tuesday, August 19.
- Apparatus and The Nod team up to stir up the crowd at the Club Tavern on Friday, August 22. Win tickets here!
- Bring your dancing shoes to boogie all night long with the Real ID Act, El Valiente, Czarbles, and Pat Boone's Farm at The Frequency on Friday, August 22. Win tickets here!
- Walls of Jericho, 36 Crazyfists, It Dies Today, Sea of Treachery and Flatline will keep you rocking all night long in a show at the Annex on Saturday, August 27. Win tickets here!
- The John Masino Band will share its tuneful passion in a show at the Club Tavern on Saturday, August 30. Win tickets here!
- Three-time Madison Area Music Award winner Lorenzo's Music will rock the audience in a CD release party at the Frequency Lounge on Saturday, August 30. Win tickets here!
- The high-energy rock band LUBE will wow audiences at the Club Tavern on Saturday, September 6. Win tickets here!
You voted for your favorite eats, drinks, shopping, and more from around the region -- now learn the results before everyone else at Madison's Favorite Block Party! The 2008 Madison's Favorites winners will be announced at a special gathering running from 7 p.m. to midnight on Saturday, August 16 along the 100 block of East Main Street. Enjoy music from Reptile Palace Orchestra and Houses in Motion, and eat and drink all night at Main Street nightspots including The Local Tavern, Maduro, The Casbah, and The Argus. Don't miss this year's edition of Madison's Favorites Block Party!