The Isthmus Guest List is back with another round of free tickets to amazing concerts, shows and more fun events around Madison. This week's contests include tickets to: a Madison Music Project concert by Def Leppard cover band Photograph at the Badger Bowl; Tantric at the Annex; Natty Nation, Bassnectar, and Dave Barnes at the Majestic; Hanson at the Barrymore; Glen Phillips and Ben Kenney at the High Noon; The Nerd by the Madison Rep; the MSO, Mannheim Steamroller and Martin Short at Overture; Isthmus Green Day at Monona Terrace; and much more.
In this week's list:
- Hanson is back, and will be performing its funk-influenced pop tunes in a concert with Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers at the Barrymore Theatre on Saturday, April 12. Win tickets here!
- Mannheim Steamroller and their signature fusion of classical and pop sounds is returning to Madison on their "Fresh Aire" tour with at Overture Hall on Wednesday, April 16. Win tickets here!
- Fans of Knocked Up and The 40 Year Old Virgin will find more fun at Forgetting Sarah Marshall, a new movie directed by Nicholas Stoller. Get ready to laugh in an advance screening at Marcus Point UltraScreen Cinema on Thursday, April 17. Win tickets here!
- Bring your bottle of hairspray for the Madison Music Project concert in April as we welcome Def Leppard tribute band Photograph to the Badger Bowl on Saturday, April 19. Win tickets here!
- Natty Nation promises another unforgettable performance when they are joined Nama Rupa and DJ FRP at The Majestic on Sunday, April 20. Win tickets here!
- The film Dark Matter offers a story of companionship, science and shattered dreams as a Chinese student embarks upon his physic research career at an American university, and stars Meryl Strep, Aidan Quinn, and Liu Ye. It opens on April 25, but will be screened at Sundance Cinemas in a special sneak preview on Wednesday, April 23. Win tickets here!
- Bay Area DJ Lorin Ashton has helped develop the North American underground dance music scene, and will be bringing his liquid-sweet beats as Bassnectar along Elliot Lipp in a show at the Majestic on Thursday, April 24. Win tickets here!
- The Madison Symphony Orchestra wraps up the season with a special performance featuring guest conductor Vladimir Spivakov and pianist Yefim Bronfman on Friday, April 25 at Overture Hall. Win tickets here!
- The Madison Repertory Theatre's production of The Nerd will be far from halfwit in sneak preview performances at The Playhouse in the Overture Center on Friday, April 31 and Saturday, May 1. Win tickets here!
- Prolific songwriter Dave Barnes will be playing his acoustic pop-rock in a show at the Majestic on Monday, May 5. Win tickets here!
- Hard rock survivors Tantric will be rollicking through a show at the Annex on Wednesday, May 7. Win tickets here!
- Ben Kenney and DJ Kilmore are working on solo material during time away from the band Incubus, and will be playing their rhythms at the High Noon Saloon on Wednesday, May 7. Win tickets here!
- Classic funnyman and Tony and Emmy awards winners Martin Short will deliver a playful one-man show at Overture Hall on Saturday, May 31. Win tickets here!
Isthmus Green Day keynote speakers Nora Pouillon and Kenneth Brown are offering visitors an opportunity to meet and mingle them; enter here to meet Brown.
Also, The Big Eat is be returning to Monona Terrace, running from 5 to 8:30 p.m. on Monday, April 14. If you come to this event once, you will always come again. Yes, it really is that wonderful! Not only is this an opportunity to enjoy a variety of foods in great company, but all proceeds of the culinary extravaganza will benefit families at partnering Family Centers. Tables may be reserved here.
Remember to visit Isthmus promotions for updates on local events and shows!