The Isthmus Guest List is back with another round of free tickets to amazing concerts, shows and more fun events around Madison. This week's contests include tickets to: the Madison Roots Festival at Willow Island; Sheryl Crow and James Blunt at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee; People in Planes, Tapes 'N Tapes and Secondhand Serenade at The Majestic; Underculture and The Afterdarks, Zebra, and the Real ID Act at The Frequency; Apparatus at The Club Tavern; The Hussy, Sharon Van Etten, and All Tiny Creatures at the Project Lodge; Walls of Jericho at the Annex; and more.
In this week's list:
- A brand new never-before-opened authentic NASCAR collector's edition car hood from Pepsi will serve as a fantastic edition to any NASCAR or automobile collection. Enter to win here!
- G. Love and Special Sauce and the John Butler Trio headline at the second annual Madison Roots Festival, which will also include performances by Tristan Prettyman, Alejandro Escovedo, Dar Williams, Shawn Mullins, Clyde Stubblefield, Natty Nation, Blue Beyond, Corey Hart and Atimevu in an all-day show at Willow Island on Saturday, August 2. Win tickets here!
- The Hussy will inspire the audience with its performance its audience at the Project Lodge on Saturday, August 2. Win tickets here!
- Sheryl Crow and James Blunt will play a big show in Milwaukee at the Bradley Center on Friday, August 8. Win tickets here!
- People in Planes fly all the way from Wales to perform at the Majestic on Saturday, August 9. Win tickets here!
- Underculture and The Afterdarks swing into town for a show at The Frequency on Saturday, August 9. Win tickets here!
- In the action-comedy Tropic Thunder, Ben Stiller plays pampered action superstar Tugg Speedman, who is cast in the biggest, most expensive war movie ever produced. There will be a sneak preview of the movie at the Marcus Point Ultra-Screen on Tuesday, August 12. Win tickets here!
- You definitely won't find this kind of fun at the zoo when Zebras are joined by Mostly Bears and Being Human for a show at The Frequency on Thursday, August 14. Win tickets here!
- Tapes 'N Tapes returns to town, stepping up and across the street from a previous stop at the old King Club to a concert at The Majestic Theatre on Friday, August 15. Win tickets here!
- Sharon Van Etten combines vocals and guitar to create a sound she describes as "sad prairie folk music," and will share her tunes in a show at the Project Lodge on Saturday, August 16. Win tickets here!
- All Tiny Creatures, Cages, and Jon Mueller will be performing at the Project Lodge on Monday, August 18. Win tickets here!
- Secondhand Serenade, an American acoustic rock solo project fronted by vocalist and guitarist John Vesely, will be found on stage in a show at The Majestic Theatre on Tuesday, August 19.
- Apparatus and The Nod team up to stir up the crowd at the Club Tavern on Friday, August 22. Win tickets here!
- Bring your dancing shoes to boogie all night long with the Real ID Act, El Valiente, Czarbles, and Pat Boone's Farm at The Frequency on Friday, August 22. Win tickets here!
- Walls of Jericho, 36 Crazyfists, It Dies Today, Sea of Treachery and Flatline will keep you rocking all night long in a show at the Annex on Saturday, August 27. Win tickets here!
You voted for your favorite eats, drinks, shopping, and more from around the region -- now learn the results before everyone else at Madison's Favorite Block Party! The 2008 Madison's Favorites winners will be announced at a special gathering running from 7 p.m. to midnight on Saturday, August 16 along the 100 block of East Main Street. Enjoy music from Reptile Palace Orchestra and Houses in Motion, and eat and drink all night at Main Street nightspots including The Local Tavern, Maduro, The Casbah, and The Argus. Don't miss this year's edition of Madison's Favorites Block Party!