Join us for the seventh annual Isthmus Green Day at Monona Terrace on Saturday, April 26! The festival runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and features informative speakers and engaging exhibitors, along with plenty of eco-friendly products to buy, green ideas to ponder, fun activities and more. Admission is free courtesy of MGE.
Isthmus Green Day Main Stage
- Noon.: Isthmus Green Day keynote: Shalini Kantayya
- 2 p.m.: Isthmus Green Day keynote: Naomi Davis
MGE " Edgewood Breakout Session Stage
- 10:30 a.m.: New Green Challenge/ El Desafio de Vivir Verde, with Annette Miller and Mario Garcia Sierra
- 11 a.m.: Shalini Kantayya -- Access to Life
- 12:15 p.m.: Investing from the Heart, with David McClellan
- 1:30 p.m.: Latinos and the Environment: Securing Healthy and Sustainable Cities for All, with Armando Ibarra, Paula Tran Inzeo and Mario Garcia Sierra
- 3 p.m.: Community Conversation: Sustainability as a Tool for Equity, with Kathryne Auerback and Jim Lorman
Isthmus Green Day Healthy Lifestyle Stage
- 10:45 a.m.: "Triaging" Your CSA Box, with Fairshares CSA
- 11:45 a.m.: Natural Burial: A Powerful Green Experience, with Kevin W. Corrado, LCSW, LCS
- 1 p.m.: Yoga Demonstration, with Karen Parker, LMT, NCTMB, RYT
- 2 p.m.: Worms to Eat Your Garbage: Build Your Own Worm Bin, with Jessi Claringbole
Isthmus Green Day Green Living Stage
- 10:30 a.m.: Solar Power for Your Home and Business with, Burke O'Neal
- 11:15 a.m.: Homeowner's Holy Grail: Comfort and Lower Utility Costs, with Steve Pipson
- 12:30 p.m.: Saving the Monarchs and Gardening for Pollinators, with Frank Hassler
- 1:30 p.m.: Take the Clean Clear Waters Challenge! with John Imes
- 2:30 p.m.: Sustainable Landscaping: Beauty Today, Green Tomorrow, with John J. Gishnock III
- 3:30 p.m.: Bury Me, Naturally! with Jonas A. Zahn
Isthmus Green Day Children's Area
- 1 p.m.: Sustainable Sculptures, with Victor Castro
This schedule is subject to change.
A popular community event now in its seventh year, Isthmus Green Day is an environmentally friendly, sustainable living expo and forum that celebrates conscious living through informative exhibits, product demonstrations, educational activities, fascinating speakers, shopping opportunities and more.
More information about Isthmus Green Day can be found at IsthmusGreenDay.com and on Facebook, including a regularly updated presentation schedule, list of vendors and photos from last year's festival.
Isthmus Green Day sponsors include MGE, Clean Lakes Alliance, The Century House, Calvert Investments, Mad City Windows, Edgewood College, WKOW, the Nelson Institute of Environmental Studies, Triple M and Mix 105.1.