Celebrate Mother Earth at the fifth-annual Isthmus Green Day at Monona Terrace on Saturday, April 21! The all-day free festival offers speakers, breakout sessions, and over 100 exhibitors offering ways to be greener, along with oodles of eco-friendly products to buy, green ideas to ponder, fun activities, and more.
The complete schedule runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Isthmus Green Day Main Stage
- 10:30 a.m.: REAP Food Group presents a chef demonstration featuring Chef Rodey Batiza from Umami Ramen & Dumpling Bar.
- 11:15 a.m.: REAP Food Group presents a chef demonstration featuring Chefs Pat Mulvey and Laura Gilliam of Local Thyme.
- 12:00 p.m.: REAP Food Group presents a chef demonstration featuring Chef Annemarie Spitznagle from Bloom Bake Shop.
- 12:45 p.m.: Local handmade menagerie and vintage shop Zip-Dang presents an Upcycled Fashion Show.
- 2:00 p.m.: New York Times columnist and author Mark Bittman discusses "Why Food Matters."
- 4:00 p.m.: Tim Southwick Johnson performs tunes from Sand County Songs, which explore the themes of Aldo Leopold's A Sand County Almanac.
Calvert Investments Stage
- 10:00 a.m.: Madeline Para of 350.org and the Citizens Climate Lobby will discuss activism and participation for change.
- 11:00 a.m.: David McClellan of Calvert Investments and Mary Strickland of R.W. Baird Co. introduce you to socially responsible investing.
- 12:00 p.m.: Kayla Baake with Madison Environmental Group/EnAct explains what you need to know about green cleaning and eco-laundry.
- 1:00 p.m.: Megan Cain of Community Groundworks/Troy Gardens gives you a framework for organic gardening.
- 3:30 p.m.: Jim Lorman and Kathryne Auerback from the Edgewood College Sustainability Leadership Graduate Program educate you on their "Sustainability 3.0: From Scarcity to Abundance" program.
Isthmus Green Day is a free, annual, family-friendly, environmental expo to help people in the Madison area -- no matter what their circumstances -- become a little bit greener. Fun-filled and educational, the festival features hundreds of sustainable products and creative ideas, food samples, chef demonstrations, kids activities, recycled art, an excellent roster of expert speakers, and much more.
Isthmus Green Day sponsors include MG&E, Food Fight Restaurant Group, Group Health Cooperative, Whole Foods Market, The Century House, Willy Street Co-op, Home Savings Bank, Calvert Investments, Edgewood College, Honest Tea, Murfie, Zip-Dang, WKOW-TV, Rishi Tea, and Focus on Energy.