Celebrate Mother Earth at the sixth annual Isthmus Green Day at Monona Terrace on Saturday, April 20! The all-day festival offers speakers, breakout sessions, and over 100 exhibitors offering ways to be greener, along with oodles of eco-friendly products to buy, green ideas to ponder, fun activities, and more. Admission is free and open to the public.
The complete schedule runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Isthmus Green Day Main Stage
- 11:00 a.m.: Isthmus Green Day keynote: Michael Brune
- 12:30 p.m.: What's red, white and green all over? UW-Madison
- 2:00 p.m.: Isthmus Green Day keynote: Doug Fine
- 3:00 p.m.: Pot, Policy & Drug Peace panel discussion
- 4:00 p.m.: Doug Fine book signing
Calvert Investments Breakout Sessions
- 10:30 a.m.: Successful Organic Farming with Clare Strader, Madison FarmWorks
- 11:30 a.m.: Go Green Girl talk with Kayla Baake, EnAct Madison
- 12:30 p.m.: Investing From the Heart with David McClellan & Mary Strickland, Calvert Investments
- 1:30 p.m.: Communities of Color Go Green with Annette Miller, MG&E and the New Green Challenge
- 2:30 p.m.: Sustainable Landscaping with John J. Gishnock III, Formecology
- 3:30 p.m.: Look at Me - I'm Being Sustainable with Raj Shukla, Cool Choices
Blue River Chiropractic Healthy Lifestyle Stage
- 10:30 a.m.: Blue River Chiropractic demonstration with Blue River Chiropractic
- 11:15 a.m.: Aroma Therapy & Reiki with Khadija Zayed, GHC
- 12:15 p.m.: Yoga Demonstration with Amber Thompson, GHC
- 1:15 p.m.: Blue River Chiropractic demonstration with Blue River Chiropractic
- 2:15 p.m.: Reflexology with Mary Karls, GHC
Isthmus Green Day Demonstration Kitchen
- 10:45 a.m.: Jordanal Farms & Smokehouse with Cherie Wolters
- 11:45 a.m.: Growing Unusual Fruit with John Holzwart, Moonwise Herbs
- 12:45 p.m.: REAP Chef Showcase with 608 Community Kitchen
- 1:45 p.m.: REAP Chef Showcase with Bloom Bake Shop
- 2:45 p.m.: REAP Chef Showcase with Local Thyme and FairShare CSA Coalition
- 3:45 p.m.: Green Smoothie Experience with Dr. Ingrid Recnik
Please note that this schedule is subject to change.
Isthmus Green Day is a free, annual, family-friendly, environmental expo to help people in the Madison area -- no matter what their circumstances -- become a little bit greener. Fun-filled and educational, the festival features hundreds of sustainable products and creative ideas, food samples, chef demonstrations, kids activities, recycled art, an excellent roster of expert speakers, and much more.
Isthmus Green Day sponsors include MG&E, WKOW, Sierra Club: Wisconsin John Muir Chapter, Home Savings Bank, The Century House, GHC of South Central Wisconsin, Mad City Windows, Blue River Chiropractic, and Calvert Investments.
Learn more about Isthmus Green Day and watch for schedule updates at isthmusgreenday.com.