We love businesses that love Dane County. The Isthmus Independent Business Awards recognizes companies that operate in a community-minded way and, in the process, make this a pretty awesome place to live.
You can meet the winners in the following profiles -- or, better yet, meet them in person at an awards ceremony that benefits Dane Buy Local. It features appetizers, drinks and a silent auction at the Madison Concourse Hotel, 1 W. Dayton St. (Monday, Nov. 4, 5-8 p.m.). For tickets, call 608-251-5627; stop by Isthmus at 101 King St.; or see IsthmusIndies.com.
- Fresh Food Friend -- Adrian Reif and Matt D'Amour, Yumbutter
- Market Spark -- Angela Kowieski, Divine Body & Styles Organic Salon & Spa
- Neighborhood Notable -- Ian Gurfield, Ian's Pizza, Batch Bakehouse, Gotham Bagels
- Green Angel -- Ann Sensenbrenner, Farm to Vase
- Dynamic Developer -- Ellen Barnard, FEED Kitchens
- Dane and Beyond -- Michael Fenchel, 100State
- Bridge Builder -- Howard Mandeville, Movin' Out
- Hometown Artist -- Meghan Blake-Horst, Absolutely Art