This year's Wisconsin Book Festival encompassed five days rich in literature and ideas. In a modest effort to document the fifth annual event, Isthmus has compiled a cluster of short video clips and reports that hint at the maelstrom of words and concepts swirling between Oct. 18-22 throughout Madison.
These reports run from Friday's fashion show of wearable books and the Rejection Collection
- David Maraniss talks boyhood, baseball and Bush
- Laughing at the Rejection Collection with P.S. Mueller
- Fairy tails, not tales at "Books on the Runway"
- Chris Ware: Graphic novels or comic books?
- Marjane Satrapi discusses the appeal of her medium
- Ivory Abena Black discusses how urban renewal claims a Milwaukee lifestyle
- 1 Dead in the Attice and one determined columnist, Chris Rose
- Marilyn Nelson and her heroic crown of sonnets for Emmett Till
- Tony Grooms reads from Bombingham
- What scares Neil Gaiman?