The Isthmus Guest List is back with another round of free tickets to amazing concerts, shows and more fun events around Madison. This week's contests include tickets to: the Midwest Gypsy Swing Festival at Art in the Barn; Walls of Jericho at the Annex; Sharon Van Etten and All Tiny Creatures at the Project Lodge; Apparatus, The John Masino Band, and LUBE at The Club Tavern; Secondhand Serenade, The Derek Trucks Band, and Great Big Sea at the Majestic; the Real ID Act and Lorenzo's Music at The Frequency; and more.
In this week's list:
- Sharon Van Etten combines vocals and guitar to create a sound she describes as "sad prairie folk music," and will share her tunes in a show at the Project Lodge on Saturday, August 16. Win tickets here!
- All Tiny Creatures, Cages, and Jon Mueller will be performing at the Project Lodge on Monday, August 18. Win tickets here!
- Secondhand Serenade, an American acoustic rock solo project fronted by vocalist and guitarist John Vesely, will be found on stage in a show at The Majestic Theatre on Tuesday, August 19.
- Apparatus and The Nod team up to stir up the crowd at the Club Tavern on Friday, August 22. Win tickets here!
- Bring your dancing shoes to boogie all night long with the Real ID Act, El Valiente, Czarbles, and Pat Boone's Farm at The Frequency Lounge on Friday, August 22. Win tickets here!
- Harmonious Wail, Gypsy Rhythm Project, Gonzalo Bergara with Kevin Nolan (from the John Jorgenson Quintet and The Robin Nolan Trio), Hot Club of Detroit, and others will keep you moving during the Midwest Gypsy Swing Festival on Friday, August 22 and Saturday, August 23 at Art in the Barn. Win tickets here!
- Walls of Jericho, 36 Crazyfists, It Dies Today, Sea of Treachery and Flatline will keep you rocking all night long in a show at the Annex on Saturday, August 27. Win tickets here!
- The John Masino Band will share its tuneful passion in a show at the Club Tavern on Saturday, August 30. Win tickets here!
- Three-time Madison Area Music Award winner Lorenzo's Music will rock the audience in a CD release party at the Frequency Lounge on Saturday, August 30. Win tickets here!
- The high-energy rock band LUBE will wow audiences at the Club Tavern on Saturday, September 6. Win tickets here!
- The Derek Trucks Band will bring its blend of jazz, rock, blues, Latin, Eastern Indian, and other sounds to a show at the Majestic Theatre on Tuesday, September 9. Win tickets here!
- The Dandy Warhols return to town in support of its new album Earth to the Dandy Warhols with a show at the Barrymore Theatre on Wednesday, September 10. Win tickets here!
- Great Big Sea will share its mix of traditional Celtic and pop tunes with a show at the Majestic Theatre on Thursday, September 11. Win tickets here!
You voted for your favorite eats, drinks, shopping, and more from around the region -- now learn the results before everyone else at Madison's Favorite Block Party! The 2008 Madison's Favorites winners will be announced at a special gathering running from 7 p.m. to midnight on Saturday, August 16 along the 100 block of East Main Street. Enjoy music from Reptile Palace Orchestra and Houses in Motion, and eat and drink all night at Main Street nightspots including The Local Tavern, Maduro, The Casbah, and The Argus. Don't miss this year's edition of Madison's Favorites Block Party!
Remember to visit Isthmus promotions for updates on local events and shows!