The Common Council recently rejected a proposal to adopt "77 square miles surrounded by reality" as Madison's official motto. Since that didn't take, here are some more ideas.
10. Thirty-five square miles in 1975. Seventy-seven square miles today. Reality is shrinking!
9. Just turn around. You can't get there from here.
8. Look, weeds are just part of the natural process of lake eutrophication.
7. Oh, just let Jerry Frautschi pay for it.
6. Tofu and cheese curds. Chai and heavy beer. Kale and brats. The city of the balanced diet.
5. One city. Two bricks. Thirty years.
4. Get off my lawn! (The motto of the current administration.)
3. The committee city.
2. The chicken's name was Colin.
1. Seventy-seven square miles surrounded by bat-shit crazy Republicans.