Isthmus has more concert tickets for you this April including Smile Empty Soul, Josh Kelley and former New Kid on the Block, Joey Mcintyre. Also, the Line Breaks lecture performance series is continuing to bring you captivating word artists at the Wisconsin Historical Society. Other upcoming events include the Isthmus Jazz Festival on the Memorial Union Terrace and the Big Eat!
Here are some of these upcoming events:
- The "post-grunge" quartet Smile Empty Soul is playing with The Exies and Autovain at the Annex on Thursday, Mar. 29. Win tickets here!
- Singer-songwriter Josh Kelley will be performing on Tuesday, Apr. 10 at the Orpheum Stage Door. Kelley, who began his career at the age of 11, has toured with musicians such as Jack Johnson, John Mayer and Ben Harper. Win tickets here!
- Come relive the late '80s and early '90s with former New Kid on the Block, Joey McIntyre on Sunday, Apr. 22 at the Orpheum Stage Door. This music veteran is a modern throwback to the classic song-and-dance men of show business and has starred on Broadway and Dancing with the Stars. Win tickets here!
There are also two upcoming free shows as part of the Line Breaks lecture and performance series on spoken word and hip-hop at the UW. These follow:
- Dennis Kim and Mayda del Valle will be performing at the Wisconsin Historical Society Auditorium Monday, Mar. 26. The spoken word artists have proven their ability to capture audiences with their passion and talent for both writing and performing.
- Rafeal Casual and Dahlak Brathwaite will join the list of talented word artists on Monday, Apr. 16. Casual is the youngest poet to appear on Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry on HBO, while Brathwaite recently recorded his debut album. The two have both expanded their talents by incorporating hip-hop into their performances.
What else is going on?
We are bringing you more bartenders through our "Bartender of the Week" contest. Get that Madison bartender the recognition they deserve, try their favorite drink, learn their best and worst pick up lines and enter to win free merchandise.
The Big Eat will be held at Monona Terrace on Monday, Apr 23. Not only is this an opportunity to enjoy a variety of foods in great company, but all proceeds of the culinary extravaganza will benefit families at partnering Family Centers. Tables may be reserved here.
Finally, the Isthmus Jazz Festival on the Terrace will be held from Jun. 7-10 on the back porch of Madison, the UW Memorial Union Terrace. Come join us as we celebrate the arrival of summer and enjoy a century's worth of jazz.
Remember to visit Isthmus promotions for updates on local events and shows!