This week is your last chance to win tickets to see Home at the Madison Rep along with concerts by Butch Walker and Flyleaf! Other shows coming up include Joey McIntyre and the Midwesterners in the debut of the Madison Music Project Charter Club Tour. Also, don't forget to mark your calendars for the Big Eat! at Monona Terrace, Speed Dating at the Brink Lounge, and the Isthmus Jazz Festival on the Memorial Union Terrace.
Check out this week's dramatic picks:
- Butch Walker and the Let's Go Out Tonights will be taking the stage at the Annex on Saturday, Apr. 14. Come see him evoke the spirit of Ziggy Stardust through his various glam-tinged tunes. Win tickets here!
- Flyleaf will be playing along with Skillet, Fair to Midland, and Dropping Daylight at the Barrymore Theatre on Tuesday, Apr. 17 Watch the rocker confront past traumas and broken hearts with his passionate and emotionally revealing lyrics. !
- The Madison Repertory Theatre is producing Home at the Playhouse at the Overture Center for the Arts. Come watch this drama about a young man learning the value of home as his idealistic worlds falls apart in this enchanted piece of work. Win tickets to the Wednesday or Thursday night preview performance!
- Come relive the late '80s and early '90s with former New Kid on the Block, Joey McIntyre on Sunday, Apr. 22 at the Orpheum Stage Door. This music veteran is a modern throwback to the classic song-and-dance men of show business and has starred on Broadway and Dancing with the Stars. Win tickets here!
There are also several fantastic shows and talks remaining in the Line Breaks series on spoken word and hip-hop at
the Wisconsin Historical Society. These follow:
- Rafeal Casual and Dahlak Brathwaite will join the list of talented word artists on Monday, Apr. 16. Casual is the youngest poet to appear on Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry on HBO, while Brathwaite recently recorded his debut album. The two have both expanded their talents by incorporating hip-hop into their performances.
- Omar Sosa and his Afreecans Quartet will be playing his urban jazz sounds Thursday, Apr. 26 at Music Hall. The charismatic artist draws on a wide range of world music to create a powerful sound that is sure to bring audiences to their feet.
What else is going on?
We are bringing you more bartenders through our "Bartender of the Week" contest. Get that Madison bartender the recognition they deserve, try their favorite drink, learn their best and worst pick up lines and enter to win free merchandise.
Speed Dating is being brought to you by Crush Madison! Persons of ages 25-40 are welcome to come look for a match on Tuesday, Apr. 17 at the Brink Lounge.
The Big Eat will be held at Monona Terrace on Monday, Apr 23. Not only is this an opportunity to enjoy a variety of foods in great company, but also all proceeds of the culinary extravaganza will benefit families at partnering Family Centers. Tickets to the event and raffle tickets for a beautiful diamond pendant, donated by The Diamond Center, and may be pur chased here.
Finally, the Madison Music Project Charter Club Tour will be presenting the Midwesterners at Harmony Bar on Apr 28. This new monthly music event will be celebrating live local talent based on the online directory maintained by Isthmus.
Remember to visit Isthmus promotions for updates on local events and shows!