MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Maharani

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Postby TAsunder » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:31 pm

Some crazy shenanigans at maharani this morning. For some as yet unspecified reason, the floors were really wet. I suspect that the ice on the terrace outside melted and flooded through the door there onto the floor. It was in a really bad place, right where the desserts and plates are. One lady fell badly and had to sit down for 20 minutes before she felt comfortable walking. Another lady fell twice and lost her food both times.

So, the lesson to be learned is, be careful going in there on wet days I guess! The food was good as usual.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Fat.The.Gangster » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:51 am

Another glowing recommendation for Maharani here. I went last Friday and really enjoyed every aspect of the dining experience. Very attentive service, wide menu selection, and good food.
Fat.The.Gangster
Forum Addict

Maharani

Postby vocalist » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:39 pm

We've been to the Maharini twice, and it fell far short of my expectations both times--in service and in food. Service was exceptionally slow on both occasions, despite the fact that the restaurant had many open tables and what looked like an adequate staff. Food was OK the first time, but "medium" spice turned out to be fairly weak. Last time we were there, there was hair (not one, not two, but a big old bunch of 'em) on the flat bread. When I pointed it out to the waiter, he took the plate--without an apology or any other offer--and disappeared. Again, the food was ok, but their idea of "hot" seemed weaker than the medium I had before.
With the slow service, the so-so food and the hair, this place isn't on my list of restaurants to return to anytime soon.
vocalist

Previous

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews