MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, October 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 50.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Soup Factory - Middleton

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Soup Factory - Middleton

Postby aaron » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:01 pm

I don't think I've ever seen this place mentioned, but it is definitely worth checking out for those who work or live on the west side. Scrumptious array of fresh, homemade soups (today I had the chilled gazpacho...delicious!) and a wide variety of healthy, made-on-the-spot sandwiches. You can build your own sandwich (I did a nice veggie with avocado, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, cukes, etc.)

Prices are good, you can eat in or take out. The owner is very nice and advertises on The Mic, which is one reason I checked it out in the first place.

Give it a shot.
aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:07 pm

East siders can enjoy a small assortment of Soup Factory soups (three choices per day) at the Victor Allen's Coffee location out past East Towne. (The one we were all convinced was going to be a Krispy Kreme.)
mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Soup Factory - Middleton

Postby O.J. » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:26 pm

aaron wrote:I don't think I've ever seen this place mentioned, but it is definitely worth checking out for those who work or live on the west side. Scrumptious array of fresh, homemade soups (today I had the chilled gazpacho...delicious!) and a wide variety of healthy, made-on-the-spot sandwiches. You can build your own sandwich (I did a nice veggie with avocado, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, cukes, etc.)

Prices are good, you can eat in or take out. The owner is very nice and advertises on The Mic, which is one reason I checked it out in the first place.

Give it a shot.

They should pair the "chilled" gazpacho with a tuna "fish" sandwich and call it the Redundant Combo. :lol:
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:45 pm

i too, frequent the soup factory and recommend it's soups and sandwiches.
but is the owner that crazy eyed chef woman? cuz i would hardly call her friendly. she scares the shit out of me, and seemingly the rest of the staff.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby aaron » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:40 pm

depinmad wrote:i too, frequent the soup factory and recommend it's soups and sandwiches.
but is the owner that crazy eyed chef woman? cuz i would hardly call her friendly. she scares the shit out of me, and seemingly the rest of the staff.

I will admit she's a bit out of the ordinary, but she's always very nice to me, always gives me a big smile. When I commented today that I wondered if her gazpacho was as good as mine, she immediately put some in a little cup and gave me a taste first. (I prefer mine, as I add cilantro...but, as she said, cilantro is a taste people either love or hate, so she doesn't use it.) It was still delicious.
aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:44 pm

I'll echo the compliments for the Soup Factory. I used to live right across the street and would stop in there for a weekend lunch after the gym. Great soups and sandwiches. And the owner (don't remember her name) was always very cool. A place worth keeping in business.
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby d2drums » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:06 am

Wait... could this woman be our own little "Soup Nazi"?
d2drums

Postby depinmad » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:38 am

most definitely.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby hintzilla » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:41 pm

If you like this place, you might want to make a trip there this week, I was there for lunch today and saw that this Friday is going to be The Soup Factory's last day of business. Sounds like it has to do with the owner focusing on parenting. She is now selling the recipes for all her soups and is going to try to make herself available for catering and small parties.

This place is right by my office, and is a perfect place to get lunch, so I'm definitely sad to see it go. If anyone goes this week, I highly recommend the cream of reuben soup, I'm going to try to make it there on Wednesday or Thursday for one last cup of that.

http://soupfactoryetc.com/Weeklylist_2.htm
hintzilla

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:44 pm

Maybe they can put a Super Crackers in it's place. It's the fastest growing non-coffe non-chicken franchise in southern CA.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:47 pm

this is terrible news. i loved artamos, but this joint was even better. i am really really sad to hear about this, although if the reason really is for her to focus on parenting, then that is nice.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:58 pm

well darn I was just thinking I wish there was a place that specialized in soup, and its been there for years, and now its outta business.

I'll stop in this week, for the first/last time.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:01 pm

How much are the recipes?
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:06 pm

Screw that, I'm a cilantro fan. aaron, how much for your gazpacho recipe?
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews