MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 60.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Vientiane Palace on Regent Street

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Vientiane Palace on Regent Street

Postby Lily » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:45 pm

Had lunch there today with several friends. It's located in the building that formerly housed "Trapani" (sorry to see them leave). The Thai food was really good and they will adjust the heat to your liking. You can have no spice, mild, medium, hot or extra hot. I requested hot and they aren't kidding around. I had the Wednesday special "Meat with pea pod." You can choose beef, pork, chicken or tofu and I had it with the tofu. It came packed with baby corn, water chestnuts, and other vegetables with a large bowl of rice. One of my friends had the Bean-thread noodle with vegetables and shrimp, no spice and loved it. The special was under $7.00; most other dishes range from $8.00 to $20 (but that's a whole roast duck). It's a little pricey for lunch but they give you a lot of food. We'll be going back again!!
Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Vientiane Palace on Regent Street

Postby morriskatze » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:49 pm

I love this place! The Crispy Noodle is addictive (anyone else remember when they corrected Crippy Noodle on the menu?) Everything I've had there has been tasty, and they are very vegetarian/vegan friendly. They are also just friendly in general, and give very good service.
morriskatze

Postby fennel » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:29 pm

morriskatze wrote:I love this place! The Crispy Noodle is addictive (anyone else remember when they corrected Crippy Noodle on the menu?) Everything I've had there has been tasty, and they are very vegetarian/vegan friendly. They are also just friendly in general, and give very good service.
I look forward to trying the place. I tried the one near State street, but when I walked in, the place seemed abandoned so I left. Nobody home. This on a weekday at 11:30 a.m. Weird.

Say, has anyone had the "bacon slap" at Rising Sons on State street?
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:45 am

fennel wrote:Say, has anyone had the "bacon slap" at Rising Sons on State street?

No, but I hear you can get your bacon slapped at the Rising Sun Bath House for two Ben Franklins.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:03 pm

So is this basically the same restaurant as the other "Vientiane" restaurants?
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews