MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 36.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Nostranos

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Re: Nostranos

Postby cattyrood » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:25 am

Isn't Agita's next to the Agcropolis in the Plaga?
cattyrood

Postby Petro » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:39 am

persia wrote:Plus the human stomach is a far more human way to kill salmonella than cooking.

I'm rapidly becoming convinced that you're actually my Tyler Durden-esque alter-ego that posts when I'm asleep, littering the board with moronic comments tuned precisely to irritate me.

You're just that good.
Petro
Forum Addict

Postby Alan! » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 pm

I just got back from eating at Nostranos. It was 6 of us for dinner. We all decided to try something different from the menu so we could get a good mix of what they had to offer. We started off with the Charcuterie Plate to share. The Charcuterie Plate was a good mix of pate's and mousses. We couldn't stop eating it. Although the wait staff seemed kind of absent minded ( we had to stack our plates and silverware for our server) this was a good start to what seemed to be a great dinner.
For some reason it took one hour between appetizer and entree. The restaurant wasn't busy by any means. Including us, there were 6 tables total. There was a full front house and back house staff. Maybe the wait staff was new, but they never refilled our water. We ended up helping ourselves to the carafe at the wait station.
When our food arrived, it was good. Not wait for an hour, fill up your own glasses and practically bus your own table good but it was good. 2 of the plates looked sloppily thrown together but at this point we were too hungry to really care. After we were finished, we once again got to stack our plates for our server, skipped dessert and got the hell out of there. We were there for nearly 2 hours at that point. The really shitty part is most of us left hungry.
Due to the terrible service, I don't think any of my party will be back there any time soon.
Alan!

Postby brewed awakening » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:12 pm

My husband and I were looking at downtown restaurant menus to choose a place to go for our 10th anniversary dinner. He has wanted to try out Nostrano, but even in the middle of summer they didn't have one vegetarian dish on the entire menu. Totally disappointing.

So, we had a kick ass dinner at Sardine instead :)
brewed awakening

Postby gargantua » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Alan! wrote: It was 6 of us for dinner. The really shitty part is most of us left hungry.

Really? Six of you weren't enough? And when did Madison get a cannibal restaurant? Why was I not told of this?
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:16 pm

gargantua wrote:Really? Six of you weren't enough? And when did Madison get a cannibal restaurant? Why was I not told of this?

Well, Nostrano does mean "local", "our own", or "homegrown"...
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews