MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 47.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Francesca's al Lago

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Francesca's al Lago

Postby kimm » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:34 pm

I saw this mentioned in a few old posts and decided to try it because we were downtown and I had a $10 off coupon.

We ate outside. It's a nice sidewalk dining area with umbrellas and a great view of the Capitol.

Our waitress was very friendly and accomodating.

Wine list is very good. We had a bottle of Montepulciano.

Menu was sharply focused, yet offered good variety. A good "daily special" menu was also included. I think the full menu even changes frequently. We had:
-A huge mixed Italian cheese and meat plate with grilled bread and marinated veggies
-Carpaccio (again, large serving)
-shared a pizzza (great chewy crust, salty delicious cheese, arugula)
-another had the scallops over spaghetti (perfectly cooked)

The quality of everything was great. It was $90 for the food and bottle of wine. Split three ways, it felt like a very reasonable price for the taste, quality, atmosphere and service. We'll go back. Some of the daily specials on the website sound like a great deal:
http://www.miafrancesca.com/static.asp?path=3092
kimm
Forum Addict

Re: Francesca's al Lago

Postby seemunkyz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:39 pm

I absolutely love this place! I can't afford to eat there all the time, but when my Wife and I are looking for a nice place to eat, they rise to the top of the list quickly. Originally from Chicago, so not really local, but everything else about them makes that easy to overlook :)

Another place you should try in the area is Nostrano. They are newer, but really good food.
seemunkyz

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews