MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 30.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

Dahmen's Pizza West side

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Dahmen's Pizza West side

Postby Shorty » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:28 pm

Recently tried the lunch buffet at Dahmen's Pizza for the first time. On the West side near Mineral Pt rd and Yellowstone. Pizza was mediocre at best. Salad bar was yellow and wilty so didn't even try it. They don't serve soup in Summer.

This was not a good deal for $7.50 which would explain why they were almost empty during the Noon hour. I hate chains but Pizza Hut buffet is much better. Even Rocky Rococo's is better.

http://www.dahmens.com/index.html
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Dahmen's Pizza West side

Postby seemunkyz » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:32 pm

I live not too far from here, and I have to agree. I've been told they have made progress since they first opened, but my impressions were similar. The pizza had good cheese and toppings, but the base tasted of plain tomatos on a saltine crust. When I went the salad bar also looked like it had been sitting out all day.

The only redeeming qualities of the food was the Mac'n'Cheese, which despite being delicious also seemed like it had been sitting out all day, and the breadsticks (but really, how hard are breadsticks?)

I also wasn't a fan of their method for the buffet either. I was supposed to tell them what I wanted, and they would make it to put on the buffet. Windmills do not work that way. I chose the buffet because I DIDN'T want to wait for food to come out of the oven. BTW, a table of 10 came in while I was waiting, and decided that the options my friends and I chose were sufficient, and proceeded to grab it all before we could. So not only did we have to get by on the crappy salad bar while waiting for pizza to be made twice, we were disappointed with the quality when we finally got it as well. Now I only go here if I need a late night deep fried snack or a bar close by to get a beer.

The saddest part is that supposedly the owner's partents used to own a notable pizza place in Fitchburg. So the fact that they learned nothing is disappointing.
seemunkyz

Postby AndyMatts » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Ate there once, and had the sandwiches instead of pizza. Overpriced and very unimpressive.
AndyMatts

Postby Shorty » Wed May 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Dahmen's is still open. Why? Who eats there?
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews