MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

T. Sushi--that was fast!

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

T. Sushi--that was fast!

Postby LaughingGirl » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:28 pm

I was down on State Street the other day and it looks like T. Sushi has already gone under (has it even been 6 months?). I never went and reviews were tepid at best. Did anyone have experience with the place? That's a large space to fill!
LaughingGirl

Re: T. Sushi--that was fast!

Postby nichole » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:59 pm

They're still open as of this writing.
nichole

Postby LaughingGirl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:11 pm

Redecorating?? When I walked by (Thursday, early evening), the door was propped open, all the windows were papered over and there were workers inside. Seems a bit early to overhaul the look(?).
LaughingGirl

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Small remodeling project.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:08 pm

I went there for lunch a while back. The special rolls were large, tasty, and pricey. Not my top pick for sushi but definitely not my bottom pick either. It would not surprise me if they went under, however, as they seem to be positioned as a cross between a sushi bar and a dance club if the decor and cocktail menu are any indication.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ashley » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:46 am

I haven't gone to T-Sushi, but I'm certainly not planning to go; I don't think I've seen so many bad reviews of a Madison restaurant (Google reviews, Yelp, Urbanspoon, etc) A ton of Yelp reviews are filtered out, as well.
Ashley
Forum Addict

Postby TAsunder » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:48 pm

My review was one of the ones filtered out. Not really sure why. I got a couple of tags that it was funny. I think yelp's system is pretty weird.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:06 pm

TAsunder wrote:I went there for lunch a while back. The special rolls were large, tasty, and pricey. Not my top pick for sushi but definitely not my bottom pick either. It would not surprise me if they went under, however, as they seem to be positioned as a cross between a sushi bar and a dance club if the decor and cocktail menu are any indication.

77 Square's recent review agrees with your comments.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Violet_Skye » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:39 pm

I stopped in for lunch one day this past summer and found it lovely. There was an orchid, a real orchid, on my sushi platter. The sushi was well made, artistic and delicious. The lunch price was low and the service was instantaneous and friendly. I tried to go there again a month or so back, and was quite disappointed to see it closed. I hope they reopen.
Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DjFoundation » Wed May 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Kinda disappointed in how this venture went. As someone involved in the opening build and who knew the owner personally I'm sad to see this turn into such a mess. Hopefully he can work out the issues and bring some much needed focus. I'd like to see this venue succeed, as the location has enormous potential.
DjFoundation

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:35 pm

T. Sushi's successor, CHI Asian Infused is now closed.

CHI Asian Infused, which opened June 5 at 251 State St. after limited success as T. Sushi, closed in late July.

Teddy Stevens, who originally opened T. Sushi in March 2012, said the restaurant was having difficulties with the landlord and with its air conditioning system. He said it would be reopening soon.

The next day a "for rent" sign was put in the window.

The restaurant was closed for five months transitioning between T. Sushi and CHI.

Jason Richardson, a general manager at CHI, said the new business was making money until Stevens pulled the plug, refused to pay rent and was evicted.

Landlord Harold Langhammer, who owns the nearby Fountain restaurant and bar, didn't want to comment. Richardson is now doing consulting work for that business.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews