MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, August 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 60.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Picasso's Italian Restaurant

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Re: Picasso's Italian Restaurant

Postby Lily » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:53 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Are all state employees considered "public officials"?

There's no definition in the statute that differentiates the two, though they are referred to separately earlier in the section. Regardless, it's the language that dictates the prohibition for DOC employees.

Oh geez. I don't know if I'm technically considered a "public official" but just in case I'll stick to the coupons I get in the mail for now. I'm going to double-check with my HR office for their input. Thanks for the info.
Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kovalic » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:35 am

Lily wrote:We got there and I was immediately skeptical because it's located in an ugly strip mall.

Some of the most amazing, memorable meals I've ever had have been in restaurants located in strip malls.
Kovalic

Postby mayact4 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:39 am

jman111 wrote:Anyone have any ideas about why Picasso's never seemed to catch on in McFarland? That parking lot was almost always nearly empty.

I heard they're coming back to McFarland, in the same location (previously occupied by Fat Boys). Lots of remodeling going on there but no sign yet. Hopefully the second time will be the charm; after reading this thread I will definitely be giving it a try.
mayact4
Forum Addict

Postby scratch » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 am

Detritus wrote:
jman111 wrote:Anyone have any ideas about why Picasso's never seemed to catch on in McFarland? That parking lot was almost always nearly empty.

I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe because it was in McFarland.

No kiddin'-- probably a similar situation to the Michael's Custard that existed fleetingly in McFarland.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dave Lupper » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:07 pm

mayact4 wrote:
I heard they're coming back to McFarland, in the same location (previously occupied by Fat Boys). Lots of remodeling going on there but no sign yet. Hopefully the second time will be the charm; after reading this thread I will definitely be giving it a try.

Not quite right. The original tenant in that location (Angelo's from Monona) is re-opening in that building.
Dave Lupper

Postby mayact4 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:14 pm

You're right; I was wrong.
mayact4
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews