MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Tuesday, November 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 22.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Naples 15

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Naples 15

Postby Kovalic » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:39 am

Amazing food. Solid lunch specials.

WEIRD service. Very poor.

Anyone else been?
Kovalic

Re: Naples 15

Postby TeachInPeace » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:14 am

Went with my mom last week - AMAZING pizzas! This was right after the Badger game, and it wasn't very busy. The service seemed a little off at first, but, when we asked about gluten free pizza crust (celiac), not only did they make one of the best gluten-free crusts I have ever eaten, ever, the chef sent out a special tomato/basil/buffalo mozzarella plate to go with the bread basket that I couldn't enjoy. The server seemed to relax a bit as the meal went on, and we had a very pleasant experience.

I had the spicy salami pizza, and ate half of it there, took half home and finished it off 2 hours later - still amazing. My mom had the artichoke one and did the same. Extensive wine selection. The owner was behind the bar and was very nice and welcoming. Easy parking in the ramp off Butler.

I think they have a few little opening bumps to work out, but I hope this place makes it! Worth driving in from Milwaukee!
TeachInPeace

Postby fennel » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:33 am

Isn't this the same location that Cafe Porta Alba gave up on? I wonder how that's going to work out.

BTW, are the pizzas huge? They seem really pricey.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:43 am

fennel wrote:that Cafe Porta Alba gave up on?

I wouldn't characterize the move in those terms, given what I've heard about the relationship between site and owner in that building, but short answer: yes.

Slightly longer answer: also the spot that Old Market Bistro "gave up on," and that Las Cazuelas "gave up on."
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Violet_Skye » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:31 pm

The pizzas aren't huge, maybe 11". They're baked in a wood burning oven; delectable tender crisp crust, and the ingredients are top notch quality and superb flavor. Well worth the price. The service was quirky but friendly, we will definitely be back many times.
Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews