MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, August 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 61.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Pizza delivery

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Re: Pizza delivery

Postby wack wack » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:36 am

Petro wrote:Rosati's is the best that I've had in town. Granted, there's not exactly a lot of competition.

When I lived in Chicago, Rosati's was mediocre. Now that I'm here, their beef & deep dish is a big fish in a much smaller pond. To their credit, they're serving the same product in all of their locations that I've sampled.

That $2.75 delivery charge seems a bit excessive, though. I still pay it. Probably because I'm lazy.

THANK YOU!!!

I could've written this word for word... but the last time I brought up Rosati's I got stomped by a bunch of Wisconsinites who think they know something about pizza, so I let it be. Enjoy the secret by myself, fine.

Glad to know I have some company!
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:50 am

wack wack wrote:I could've written this word for word... but the last time I brought up Rosati's I got stomped by a bunch of Wisconsinites who think they know something about pizza, so I let it be. Enjoy the secret by myself, fine.

Rosati's thin crust is the best I've had in town. It was a nice cracker thin crust with a slightly spicy sauce and some excellent sausage. Whenever I try a new pizza, I go with straight up sausage because this is my gauge. So feel comforted that you are not alone.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:37 pm

My family prefers Glass Nickel, but I'm a Chicago native and prefer Rosati's. Thin, thick, stuffed, like 'em all from Rosati's.
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews