MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 70.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Madison bars serving Tom & Jerrys ?

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Re: Madison bars serving Tom & Jerrys ?

Postby Jademan7 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:37 am

These are good, but they're kinda like egg nog. I'd much rather use the mix than actually see them being made.
Jademan7
Forum Addict

Re: Madison bars serving Tom & Jerrys ?

Postby shyguy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:47 am

I know this thread is about Madison bars serving T&J's, but if you're in the Chicago Loop, maybe doing Marshall Field's windows (I still call it that) or Millenium Park or Art Institute, stop at Miller's Pub on S. Wabash, next to the Palmer House Hilton. They serve up good home-made Tom and Jerry's, with the mix in a big bowl on the bar. At least they used to. And a great "old time" Chicago "pub" and supper club type place. Throwback place, lots of celebrity photos on the walls, celebs like Jerry Lewis and Bob Hope, etc. :D

From their web site:
TOM & JERRY – $8
A Holiday Tradition at Miller's Pub since the 1930s. Featured in Esquire, Playboy, GQ, and Chicago Magazine. A variant of eggnog with brandy, Myer's dark rum, powdered sugar, egg whites, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. "Your Holiday Season will not be complete without trying at least one Tom & Jerry!"

http://www.millerspub.com/
shyguy

Previous

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews