MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, July 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 68.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Summer 2013 Restaurant Week—No Graze?

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Summer 2013 Restaurant Week—No Graze?

Postby chaostbl » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Restaurant Week lists are up and lo and behold, no Graze. Did they decide it wasn't worth it?

Also of note, more than 1/3rd of the restaurants have dinners that start at $30/person, and a few start at $35. Watch out for those steak places, hoo boy!

For those so inclined, interesting article here about the economics of "Restaurant Weeks": http://www.theatlanticcities.com/arts-a ... ters/2977/
chaostbl

Re: Summer 2013 Restaurant Week—No Graze?

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:00 pm

Is Pasqual's really worth $30 for restaurant week.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Crockett » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Stebben84 wrote:Is Pasqual's really worth $30 for restaurant week.

No.
Crockett
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juice » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:52 pm

I remember about 5 years ago when I ate at the old L'Etoile for Restaurant Week. Worth every dollar, for me at least. They probably decided it wasn't worth it, just like Graze is likely doing. Walking by every weekday lunch hour, it appears Graze is not hurting in the least for business. Alas, if you want dine at Graze, just go. You could do well spending $25 there during any week of the year.
juice

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:15 pm

Best bang for your buck during past Restaurant Weeks is Inka Heritage. Still $25 for a three course dinner. I recommend the the ceviche for the app.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby LindsayNicole » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:37 pm

I used to look forward to summer restaurant week, but I might skip the whole thing this year. Not sure if I'm just over it or it really has jumped the shark, as one of my foodie-ish friends claims.

I used to think of it as a chance to try restaurants I couldn't afford. But I'm becoming convinced the restaurants either can't or won't bring their A game during RW, which brings the value down.

All that said, is there anything specific you all are looking forward to? The ceviche at Inka *is* pretty awesome, though at this point I'm more inclined to get it a la carte. And I like any chance to go to Fresco, but -- is it just me, or is their RW menu always the same? Risotto cake, gnocchi ... deja vu.
LindsayNicole

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews