MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 48.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

crostini sandwich shop

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

crostini sandwich shop

Postby anaranjado » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:20 pm

This place is much better than I expected it to be. It is on the corner of North St. and E. Johnson (formerly Milio's).
I have been there three times and had excellent food each time. My favorite is the signature salad with chicken. The produce seems really fresh and it is a delicious combination of vegetables. It really is a step above typical sandwich places.
anaranjado

Re: crostini sandwich shop

Postby Coplay » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:31 am

Yes, I have to agree. Their food is delicious, far better than any other sandwich style place in town. The location on North St, in the old Milios may be a problem though because of parking issues.
Coplay

Postby sims » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:01 am

I've now tried this place a good 5-6 times and overall I think the food is really good. However, they are inconsistent with their portion sizes. The beef sandwich size seems to be determined by what size chunk of bread he grabs.

And what's the deal with the free cookie policy? I was told they are for "new" customers (seems odd), and the couple times I actually bought the cookies they didn't make it into the to-go bag.
sims
Forum Addict

Postby O.J. » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:15 am

sims wrote:And what's the deal with the free cookie policy? I was told they are for "new" customers (seems odd), and the couple times I actually bought the cookies they didn't make it into the to-go bag.

I did receive a free cookie on my first visit, but that's about all I can say about the policy. The owner seems to be a nice guy, I'd be surprised if he wouldn't make amends for your cookie-snubbing.

I've enjoyed the two sandwiches I've had so far(the Famous Italian and the Italian Beef & Sausage combo). They're a welcome addition to the neighborhood.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby sims » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:20 am

yes... the second time they forgot the cookies I called and the owner said he would make good on the next visit.
sims
Forum Addict

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews