MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 43.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

I need an alternative

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

I need an alternative

Postby wesconsin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:09 pm

I have a very energetic 4 year old. I'm trying to find a restaurant that is kind of like Chuck E. Cheese, Dave and Busters, etc. Chuck E. Cheese food is just so junky, and the place is always so dirty I don't like taking her there. But I wan't to find an alternative to take her for special occasions.
wesconsin

Re: I need an alternative

Postby green union terrace chair » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:12 pm

I think there's an east side Rocky Rococo that is a "party" destination, but I don't know the extent of the games and such.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 pm

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Rossi's Pizza & Arcade in Monona:

https://www.facebook.com/RossisPizzaArcade
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:34 pm

Visions?
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:40 pm

Stebben84 wrote:Visions?

Just don't let your child see that mural painted on the outside. I understand that could be a problem.

Which is to say sorry, I have no idea. Down where I live (Whitewater), most of my friends with four-year-olds like a place outside Elkhorn called Holi Cannoli. That's probably too far for you to go, though.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby john_titor » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:08 pm

wesconsin wrote:I have a very energetic 4 year old ... for special occasions.

How energetic?

Melting Pot Fondue - not so much games, but they get to play with food. Hot oil and eye-popping spears in use. You could let her be in charge of chocolate. Kids love this place. $$$$

Any of the Teppanyaki places in town. Maybe not fast paced enough and certainly no games. But they do make a lot of noise, flip stuff around and light things on fire. Everyone should have a chance to see a real onion volcano at least once.

green union terrace chair wrote:I think there's an east side Rocky Rococo that is a "party" destination, but I don't know the extent of the games and such.

They do. Actually they have a lot of the same type of games as Chuckie's. They also usually have a free movie going in the theater (or is that only the West side?) Not much of a fan of Rocky's and I am not not sure if it would be healthier. It does seem cheaper and more chill.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wesconsin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:28 pm

Ella's Deli is ok, there just isn't much for her to do other than watch all the stuff, not very interactive - but she does love it.

That Rossi's looks amazing for her and I. Do you get to win prizes though? Or is just to play to play.

lol @ visions.

Holi Cannoli sounds like it has good food, but not sure about the energy burning aspect of it. And driving is not a problem, I've been living in LA for awhile, so an hour drive for quality food is not out of the question.

She actually loves Melting Pot, its just pricey. There have been many occasions she asks 'for the place where you make your own food and dip it'.

And she is very energetic. When I start making a little more money than I am now, I'm going to be putting her in gymnastics. She doesn't stop moving until she goes to sleep. Well behaved, just energetic.
wesconsin

Postby jman111 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Maybe you just need to stop at the park for a while before dinner, then.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wesconsin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:51 pm

the park is a daily thing, I'm looking for more special event stuff. Like birthdays, first day of school, etc
wesconsin

Postby zelda » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:04 pm

The Roman Candle Sparkler in the Children's Museum on the square? I haven't been there but Roman Candle is generally pretty good.
zelda
Forum Addict

Postby Violet_Skye » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:55 am

http://bouncytownusa.net/ Located in Windsor, WI, just 5-10 minutes north of Madison. I haven't been there, no little kids in my life these days, but it might be a good one to check out.
Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wesconsin » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:23 am

Violet_Skye wrote:http://bouncytownusa.net/ Located in Windsor, WI, just 5-10 minutes north of Madison. I haven't been there, no little kids in my life these days, but it might be a good one to check out.

awesome! that looks awesome, and will be perfect for wintertime
wesconsin

Postby Remember_Me » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:08 pm

wesconsin wrote:Well behaved, just energetic.

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Just remember, me, that sometimes benadryl will wire a kid out:) Been there, done that....you shoulda seen the dog when she ate a box of those kid's benadryl gels..whew!
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews