MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 69.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Itzza Pizza arrives in Madison

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Itzza Pizza arrives in Madison

Postby madhorror » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:49 pm

Itzza Pizza has brought their Chicago Style Garlic Romano deep dish and stuffed pizzas to Madison. The menu also includes homemade lasagna and sandwiches including their Italian Beef which customers have been raving about. The store is located at 2825 University Avenue (behind the IHOP, formerly Gumby's Pizza). Continuing in the tradition of Gumby's you can still get late night delivery till 3am and enjoy buttery cheesy Itzza Stix! 608-233-3500 or visit http://www.itzzapizza.com
madhorror
Forum Addict

Re: Itzza Pizza arrives in Madison

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:26 pm

Take out an ad. Sheesh.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby madhorror » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:29 pm

ilikebeans wrote:Take out an ad. Sheesh.

Plenty of ads and mailers out there if you haven't gotten one yet, that probably just means you are outside of the delivery area. The place does a good job and can hold up to all other local competitors.
madhorror
Forum Addict

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:48 pm

JFC! Take out an ad on Isthmus instead of blatantly advertising your business on THEIR forum.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby madhorror » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:56 pm

This is not my business, just love the food.
madhorror
Forum Addict

Postby hardmf » Sun May 04, 2014 1:24 pm

This isn't your business Rich? It sure does look like it from your facebook page:

"Itzza Pizza is now open for business in the Gumby's Pizza location at 2825 University Ave. (Behind the IHOP) with more menu items to choose from as well as the affordable prices as always. Itzza Pizza will be open 7 days a week from 3pm - 3am. Call us up at 608-233-3500 to enjoy this new taste sensation."
hardmf

Postby fennel » Sun May 04, 2014 7:31 pm

Deep-dough pizza just doesn't inspire me. It reminds me too much of the dumplings of my youth. (Now, there's a band name.) And of my six-month stint as a wall-paperer's apprentice. Can you imagine why?
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby madhorror » Mon May 05, 2014 1:29 am

Well the fact that you follow my FB as the local horror host is grand! Itzza Pizza is out of Rockford. Just spreading the word. Your taste buds should tell it all, give em' a try.
madhorror
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja » Mon May 05, 2014 8:04 pm

Pretty sure I'm more annoyed by the overzealous viral marketing police on message boards than I am by viral marketing on message boards at this point.

Yes, we all get it, you're super street smart shrewd and occassionally you save us sheep from gross manipulation at the hands of these evil marketing geniuses and their giant viral marketing manipulation budgets. Prizes and high fives all around for the heroes. It's like the new "First!"

But it seems that you also produce a lot of false positives and attack people who just created an account on a website to write a review because they had a positive experience that they'd like to share with other people. Paranoia and chronic cynacism are not the same thing as critical thinking, just FYI.

Also ItzzaPizza is a terrible name. It has to be a pizza because that's the minimum bar for being a pizza place. The fact that it's a pizza goes without saying. You shouldn't have to explain to people what they're eating.
Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon May 05, 2014 8:44 pm

I assumed it sounded like "Eats-a Pizza." If it's pronounced "it's a," that's just dumb. (Or were you kidding, and everybody knows it's Eats-a? Never mind, then...)
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ninja » Mon May 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Ducatista wrote:I assumed it sounded like "Eats-a Pizza." If it's pronounced "it's a," that's just dumb. (Or were you kidding, and everybody knows it's Eats-a? Never mind, then...)

I only know what it sounds like to me, and it sounds to me like a place that describes its product in case there were any questions.

I suddenly find myself in need of a tent by this weekend and I plan to walk around the mall looking for the ItzzaTent store. Probably a pretty crappy tent, but I'll know exactly that I'm getting.
Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon May 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Here I was thinking it was Itza, like Chicken Itza.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Mon May 05, 2014 11:23 pm

snoqueen wrote:Here I was thinking it was Itza, like Chicken Itza.

Ayeh. Pizza deep enough to mimic a pre-Columbian pyramid. That's gotta be tasty.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Tue May 06, 2014 7:07 am

Be sure to patronize my wallpapering business, Ain't a Painta.
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews