MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Sunday, September 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

An idea to raise some MAMA dollas... VOTE!!!!!

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Who do you want to see in the dunk tank besides Jason, the Dentist and me?

The Mayor
38%
Brenda Konkel
12%
Chuck_Schick
8%
Blunt
4%
BobArctor AKA JackClubb
No votes
harrissimo
No votes
Ira Sharenow
27%
Wiggie
12%

Total votes : 26

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:21 pm

jammybastard wrote:
Mr. Blues wrote:
People will pay lots more than $5 for this. Hell, you offered $50.

yeah, but I'm an idiot and let's not get greedy shall we?

$5 minimum w/ benefits is a good way to get ppl involved.

I think it's a great fundraising idea, and that's why I'll put my money where my mouth is on this.

Yeah, yeah, ok. I'm willing to let other people figure out those details. I'll just sit back and come up with brilliant ideas.
Mr. Blues

Postby jjoyce » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:24 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:probably can't hit the broad side of a barn anywho.

That's what I was thinking. A buncha musicians and desk jockeys slinging softballs at a one-foot target? I don't think I'll even take my shoes off.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:37 pm

jammybastard wrote:In fact, the best idea would be that if you paid $5 for a 3 tries at the target you are automatically registered to vote for the MAMAs.

Sorry to be a parade-rainer but just doing away with the pay-to-vote thing altogether would be best. I fear the MAMAs' legitimacy is at stake.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:38 pm

jjoyce wrote:
Chuck_Schick wrote:probably can't hit the broad side of a barn anywho.

That's what I was thinking. A buncha musicians and desk jockeys slinging softballs at a one-foot target? I don't think I'll even take my shoes off.

I'm gonna be practicing. I'm gonna dunk your ass real fucking good!
Mr. Blues

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:40 pm

supaunknown wrote:
jammybastard wrote:In fact, the best idea would be that if you paid $5 for a 3 tries at the target you are automatically registered to vote for the MAMAs.

Sorry to be a parade-rainer but just doing away with the pay-to-vote thing altogether would be best. I fear the MAMAs' legitimacy is at stake.

Oh man, leave that alone for now. The important thing here is Jason Joyce in a fucking dunk tank! Could anything really be better?

Yeah, I know other things could be better, but I'm just sayin'...
Mr. Blues

Postby jammybastard » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:40 pm

supaunknown wrote:

Not my call, but it's duly noted.

I think that without some sort of fees there won't be a MAMAs.

Just so I'm clear...
you are cool with bands having to pay an entry fee, just not charging the public to vote?
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:10 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:
charliedon'tsurf wrote:But don't act like he is some altruistic saint. His obnoxious marketing is about lining his pockets and monopolizing cosmetic dentistry in this town.

Yeah, he's a biz man first and foremost. But my sources tell me that he does a fair amount of dental work for cheap or no charge for those without insurance. If that's true, he can pretty much make an ass out of himself however he wants for all I care. When professional folks step up to fill the healthcare gap in this country ... well, that's called altruism. Now add to that the fact he supports public education ...

People whose main priority is actually about doing good things don't insist to have attention lavished upon them for their financial contribution.

Name a rich prick who doesn't expect his dick stroked now and again for his charitable actions. Jerry Frautschi? Oops ... guess not ...

Even Bill Gates gets in front of the camera now and again to talk about his foundation. It's called PR.

That said, I think Kammer's shtick is ultra-corny. Then again, I like it when people make utter asses of themselves in public. It means the rest of us aren't out there all alone. Idiocy loves company.

Alright Chuck clearly you know more about what Chris Krammer is about more than I. I have only had two experiences with him, but they were bad enough for him to assume nemesis status in my life. Yes most philanthropists do get some kind of public credit for their donation, but they don't get on stage and dance around. Everyone knows Jerry Frautschi donated for the Overture, but he doesn't insist in coming out to tell a couple jokes or do the hustle before every event at the Overture. Maybe they could just mention the Madison Center for Cosmetic Dentistry a couple times from the podium and have it prominently printed on the MAMA's program. Sparing us from toothbrush glitter weapons and hard to stomach cornball humor.
And Blues, accusing me of being mean?! How odd from such a soft spoken, mild mannered fellow. The dunk tank is a good idea though and I would accept your punishment to go in it myself. I am looking for excuses to take my shirt off in public. I am totally buff and that doesn't come across enough on my radio show.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:13 pm

charliedon'tsurf wrote:And Blues, accusing me of being mean?! How odd from such a soft spoken, mild mannered fellow. The dunk tank is a good idea though and I would accept your punishment to go in it myself. I am looking for excuses to take my shirt off in public. I am totally buff and that doesn't come across enough on my radio show.

Hehehehehehehehehehe....
Mr. Blues

Postby supaunknown » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:20 pm

jammybastard wrote:Just so I'm clear...
you are cool with bands having to pay an entry fee, just not charging the public to vote?

Yuppers, Jammy.
And, as others have suggested, they could raise the band entry fee a bunch and that'd be understandable.
But c'mon Ricky, who's gonna pay to vote? Only those with an blatant agenda of world domination!

" ... and the winner of the 2006 MAMA for Best Male Vocalist goes to ... Bill Gates!"
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:24 pm

Well, obviously the Mayor doesn't think it's such a good idea.

Mr. Blues wrote:I'm helping to put together a fundraiser for the MAMAS. Would you be willing to get into a dunk tank?

Mayor Dave Cieslewicz wrote:No.
Mr. Blues

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:29 pm

Mr. Blues wrote:Well, obviously the Mayor doesn't think it's such a good idea.

Well, I'm guessin' Ira won't do it either.
I suspect he's allergic to water.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:32 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
Mr. Blues wrote:Well, obviously the Mayor doesn't think it's such a good idea.

Well, I'm guessin' Ira won't do it either.
I suspect he's allergic to water.

I just sent the Mayor another e-mail.

Mr. Blues wrote:Is there any way I can talk you into it? As you know, it is for a very good cause. You wouldn't be the only one. I myself am taking a turn as a dunkee, as is Jason Joyce from The Isthmus, Chuck Schick (bassist for the New Recruits), and Jake Shut - a local promoter and radio personality on WORT. I hope to recruit more, and you would be absolutely perfect. I set up an informal internet poll and out of 8 suggested people you currently have 30% of the vote. The only one beating you is Ira Sharenow.

Please reconsider.
Mr. Blues

Postby nimbostratus » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:35 pm

Sharenow is allergic to SIN.
nimbostratus
Forum Addict

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:39 pm

nimbostratus wrote:Sharenow is allergic to SIN.

Come on people, quit beatin' up on Ira (not forever, just in here). This is supposed to be a good thing! Friends and enemies alike putting aside their differences to help the children. Ultimately isn't that what the MAMAS is supposed to be about? So let's knock off the knocking and concentrate on helping those kids by throwing things at people!
Mr. Blues

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:36 pm

Well the Mayor's latest refusal to help the children is as follows:

Mayor Dave Cieslewicz wrote:Sorry, no. But nice try.

To wich I responded:

Mr. Blues wrote:Well Sir, thank you for the compliment, but it is undeserved. That was simply a try; the nice try will be forthcoming.

Thank you for your time

Hehehehehehehehehehe
Mr. Blues

PreviousNext

Return to Madison Music