MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 74.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Lack Of Milwaukee Bands In Madison

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Postby LoopBo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:00 pm

i think madison bands are just way fucking better than milwaukee bands. it's true! i've been to milwaukee a couple times and seen like 2 of their local bands play. they were both waaaay worse bands than all of the madison bands put together combined all together in a row forever!!! these milwaukee bands just need to back the fuck up or the madison bands are gunna kick their bands's asses!!!
LoopBo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:52 pm

Postby DrAwkward » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:37 am

LoopBo wrote:i think madison bands are just way fucking better than milwaukee bands. it's true! i've been to milwaukee a couple times and seen like 2 of their local bands play. they were both waaaay worse bands than all of the madison bands put together combined all together in a row forever!!! these milwaukee bands just need to back the fuck up or the madison bands are gunna kick their bands's asses!!!


D00D you wanna go?!? We'll fuckin' go!!!1!1!!1 I'ma get together a posse from the MKE and we'll fuckin' lay waste to your clubs! BRING IT!1! LOLZERSKATES!
DrAwkward
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:49 am

Postby MadMind » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:59 pm

LoopBo wrote:i think madison bands are just way fucking better than milwaukee bands. it's true!

:o (playing the role of instigator) Is it? Maybe it is!? Agree or disagree?
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:28 pm

Postby AmFest » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:05 am

Two Milwaukee bands will be playing at The Capital Brewery on June 2nd headlining the Bamfest kick off party.
For more info go to http://www.bamfest.net
click on the kick-off party link
AmFest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:03 pm

Postby The New Loud » Sat May 05, 2007 11:24 pm

Hey Everyone,

Every time we're playing Minnesota, I try to get a connecting show at The King Club and everytime the bill is in the hands of locals who fill out the bill with other locals. This is understandable, every one wants a good turn out and, as I brought up earlier, without some breaking-in period or hype Milwaukee bands are gonna have below average draw compared to local Mad-town bands.

I also e-mailed Madison bands a couple times to see if they wanted to do any shows or trades and no one from the bands responded.

I guess my point is we're still trying, but just haven't had much success yet- other than playing the Annex with Call Me Lightning and Forsake Ya to the Snakes- 2 other Milwaukee bands. LOL!!!!

Another thought: Madison as a location may be more important to Milwaukee bands- as it more or less shaves off a good hour or so to MN or IA. In contrast, Milwaukee as a location for Madison bands doesn't really get them any closer to anywhere. Maybe that takes some allure out of show swaps for Madison bands.

Are there any Madison Punk Rock dives that book Thur-Sun? How's the Madison basement scene?

Shane
The New Loud
http://www.newloud.com
http://www.myspace.com/thenewloud
The New Loud
Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:33 pm

Postby MadMind » Sun May 06, 2007 3:26 am

The New Loud wrote:Milwaukee as a location for Madison bands doesn't really get them any closer to anywhere. Maybe that takes some allure out of show swaps for Madison bands.

Ummm it gets them to Milwaukee, which in turn could get them to Chicago. Or vice/versa.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:28 pm

Postby The New Loud » Wed May 09, 2007 4:20 pm

MadMind wrote:
The New Loud wrote:Milwaukee as a location for Madison bands doesn't really get them any closer to anywhere. Maybe that takes some allure out of show swaps for Madison bands.

Ummm it gets them to Milwaukee, which in turn could get them to Chicago. Or vice/versa.


In terms of touring, why would a Madison band want to stop in Milwaukee on the way to Chicago? It only takes 2.5 hours to get to Chicago from Madison. The fastest route to Chi-town doesn't involve going anywhere near Milwaukee.

My point is that for Milwaukee bands Madison breaks up 6+ hour drives to MN and IA. There is however no point in breaking up a 2.5 hour drive.

Shane
The New Loud
http://www.newloud.com
http://www.myspace.com/thenewloud
The New Loud
Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:33 pm

Previous

Return to Madison Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar