MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
pax
Thursday, July 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

gadgets...anybody have one of these?

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

gadgets...anybody have one of these?

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon May 14, 2007 7:48 am

Okay as far as gimmicky gadgets go, i kinda like this one. Anyone have one and if so does is work pretty well? I could see it coming in handy in the back room of a noisey gig when you don't want to fuck around with cable and a turner before the show.

All of my physics classes in college are telling me this should work in theory, but..."in theory" and "in practice" seldom seem to meet in my world.

http://www.giardinelli.com/product/Planet-Waves-S.O.S-Strobe-Pick-Tuner?sku=210066
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby auntgoodness » Mon May 14, 2007 9:21 am

I got one free with a ten-pack of strings recently. It's a little fussy, but it just takes a some practice because you have to point the light at the correct angle. It looks pretty cool while it's working, though. And it's so tiny.

I guess I didn't like it that much, though, because I gave it to a tuner-less friend.
auntgoodness
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Mon May 14, 2007 9:26 am

auntgoodness wrote:I got one free with a ten-pack of strings recently. It's a little fussy, but it just takes a some practice because you have to point the light at the correct angle. It looks pretty cool while it's working, though. And it's so tiny.

I guess I didn't like it that much, though, because I gave it to a tuner-less friend.

I think the key there is "it's so tiny". Seems like something that'll get lost when you really need it.
Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Mon May 14, 2007 10:18 am

I'm old and half blind, I need a BIG readout...
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bifftar » Tue May 15, 2007 1:08 pm

the 'newish' planet waves stompbox strobe tuner is killer - large readout, a couple modes -- i use it, and it rocks.
Bifftar
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Madison Music