MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 66.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

MADISONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL (formerly known as ISTHMUSICIDE)

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

What are your favorite alternate names for this event?

UP FROM THE UNDERGROUND
6%
MADIMONIUM
33%
THE OTHER PARTY
11%
MENDOTALYMPICS
22%
PARK IT IN THE PARTY
22%
LIVE LOVE LIVE
6%

Total votes : 18

Postby P-Ray » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:20 pm

SIZZAW wrote:Just an update, unfortunately not a good one.

The weekend we chose (Aug 21) is filled with three weddings, and upon communicating with those parties, we have come to the conclusion that it cannot happen on that day. I am not sure if we have time to go through the process and get a date now, Pete will have specific info when he returns from a secret mission in Cancun.

Here is the update: MADISONIC is off for 2004. Trying to work around three weddings that weekend has proved impossible. Anywhatzel, this October, I will be first in line when reservations are made for James Madison Park. That way, we won't have to contend with this BS. So, MADISONIC will take place, but not until 2005. I'm open to suggestions regarding ideal dates. Early summer? Mid-Summer? Late-Summer? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks and sorry to all those who volunteered their help. See you in 2005.
P-Ray
Forum Addict

Postby juanton » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:23 pm

P-Ray wrote:

The weekend we chose (Aug 21) is filled with three weddings, and upon communicating with those parties, we have come to the conclusion that it cannot happen on that day. I am not sure if we have time to go through the process and get a date now, Pete will have specific info when he returns from a secret mission in Cancun.

Here is the update: MADISONIC is off for 2004. Trying to work around three weddings that weekend has proved impossible. Anywhatzel, this October, I will be first in line when reservations are made for James Madison Park. That way, we won't have to contend with this BS. So, MADISONIC will take place, but not until 2005. I'm open to suggestions regarding ideal dates. Early summer? Mid-Summer? Late-Summer? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks and sorry to all those who volunteered their help. See you in 2005.

I say you have it out on the lake in the middle of winter. You can just have huge heat guns pointing at the bands.

Do you need a permit for an event on the frozen tundra that is known as Lake Mendota?
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby P-Ray » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:26 pm

juanton wrote:
P-Ray wrote:

I say you have it out on the lake in the middle of winter. You can just have huge heat guns pointing at the bands.

Do you need a permit for an event on the frozen tundra that is known as Lake Mendota?

You may be on to something. Maybe we could erect the world's largest ice shanty and rock it in there until the lake cracks wide open. I said crack.
P-Ray
Forum Addict

Postby bmasel » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:56 pm

juanton wrote:Do you need a permit for an event on the frozen tundra that is known as Lake Mendota?

No.
bmasel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby local kat » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:02 pm

where's the hip hop?????????????????????????????????????????
local kat

Postby SIZZAW » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:13 pm

local kat wrote:where's the hip hop?????????????????????????????????????????

Deep in your soul, my child.
SIZZAW
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:17 am

All we need is a hot chocolate tent, a brat tent, a booze tent, and a bunch of people out there with sleds, pipes, kites, beads, dogs, generators, booze, pot, a snowstorm, no wooden instruments, a snowmobile shuttle service, Dave Czeryourfriendwillsaywhateverthepseudoliberallike, of course Ben Masel, that lawyer up there by Gennas, no cops, well probably dane county sherriffs on hover crafts, people complaining about not enough african american representation, a cockpunch work out area where every member of the MTV real world get's owned, The Suit, and a bunch of other fun things. Sort of a people farm...

I'm telling you, us Wisconsinites can take the cold if there is the reward of all the usually unmentionable things I have mentionated above.

Long live the people farm we live in...
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:05 am

If your heart is not completely set on James Madison, you may want to consider other venues like Tenney or Warner Park. I know of local bands that have held festivals there in the past and were also able to get permits for beer without much trouble.
eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Tim SUNDOG Corcoran » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:27 pm

You should organize an event dude :) This way you'll have awsome bands that folks will really enjoy!!!

http://gratefulgarciagathering.com
Tim SUNDOG Corcoran
Forum Addict

Postby bmasel » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:59 pm

eriedasch wrote:If your heart is not completely set on James Madison, you may want to consider other venues like Tenney or Warner Park. I know of local bands that have held festivals there in the past and were also able to get permits for beer without much trouble.

Or Brittingham
bmasel
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Madison Music