MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, October 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 54.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Motorhead is coming back to Madison!

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Postby Michael Patrick » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:20 pm

Bunny Chow wrote:
Stomach wrote:
Bunny Chow wrote:I picked Brainerd's Ed Gein for one....any suggestions for the other?

Su-su-sudio

I'm trying to buy something local. Anyone know how much the band gets when I buy their song for $.99 on iTunes?

Tangy's got tunes on iTunes. The title track of our latest disc, "Sorta Like Very Ultra," should get you rocking and in the mood for Motorhead.

We get $5 or $6 when someone downloads the whole album, so with nine tunes on the disc that works out to about 60 cents per track, give or take...
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:44 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:
Bunny Chow wrote:
Stomach wrote:
Bunny Chow wrote:I picked Brainerd's Ed Gein for one....any suggestions for the other?

Su-su-sudio

I'm trying to buy something local. Anyone know how much the band gets when I buy their song for $.99 on iTunes?

Tangy's got tunes on iTunes. The title track of our latest disc, "Sorta Like Very Ultra," should get you rocking and in the mood for Motorhead.

We get $5 or $6 when someone downloads the whole album, so with nine tunes on the disc that works out to about 60 cents per track, give or take...

That's a great deal and I feel better about using iTunes knowing that. I will buy your song....if you let me add you to my myspace friends list.
Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:49 pm

Bunny Chow wrote:
Michael Patrick wrote:
Bunny Chow wrote:
Stomach wrote:

Su-su-sudio

That's a great deal and I feel better about using iTunes knowing that. I will buy your song....if you let me add you to my myspace friends list.

Cool, that would be no problem at all. We appreciate your support!

Tangy's myspace page

My very own myspace page
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bifftar » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:57 pm

Bunny Chow wrote:

$.637 per tune
Bifftar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:59 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:Cool, that would be no problem at all. We appreciate your support!

Tangy's myspace page

My very own myspace page

Tangy only accepts add requests from people he/she knows. You must enter either Tangy's last name or email address to send your request.

I'll put you in my top five, right after Mr. Blues, Flat Atom, Brainerd and Droids Attack.

My Myspace
Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Bunny Chow wrote:
Michael Patrick wrote:Cool, that would be no problem at all. We appreciate your support!

Tangy's myspace page

My very own myspace page

Tangy only accepts add requests from people he/she knows. You must enter either Tangy's last name or email address to send your request.

I'll put you in my top five, right after Mr. Blues, Flat Atom, Brainerd and Droids Attack.

My Myspace

Hmm... wonder when that setting got changed... Anyway, I sent you a friend request from the Tangy account. Sorry for the confusion.
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:52 pm

I probably did that Mike to cut down on the sapam.
After all how many hot Serbo-Croatian models looking for companionship can we be friends with?

BTW - Tangy's on Facebook as well.
Other hype:
http://www.myspace.com/jammybastard
http://www.tangymusic.com/
http://enterthejammybastard.blogspot.com/
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:00 pm

jammybastard wrote:After all how many hot Serbo-Croatian models looking for companionship can we be friends with?

Umm...all of them?
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:13 pm

Marvell wrote:
jammybastard wrote:After all how many hot Serbo-Croatian models looking for companionship can we be friends with?

Umm...all of them?

Seriously. I mean, are we rock stars or what??? :lol:

I am locked, cocked, and ready to rock 24/7 BAY-BEE!!!
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:21 pm

According to the guy at the Orpheum box office Motorhead tickets are $37 purchased at the theater doing the end run around TicketBastard. I'm gonna go buy some today.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Just got this press release forwarded to me via sources in the WORT music department:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES

AIRBORNE AND THE MISFITS

WILL NOT BE PERFORMING AT THE MOTORHEAD SHOW AT THE ORPHEUM THIS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 AT 7:00 PM

TICKETS ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR THE SHOW

MOTORHEAD

VALIENT THOR

YEAR LONG DISASTER

SEPTEMBER 10

ORPHEUM THEATRE

$37

I had zero interest in seeing a Danzig-less Misfits and now Valient Thorr gets better billing (despite the fact Frank Productions has their named spelled incorrectly). So I'm fine with two less bands. People who wanted to see this Jerry Only Misfits thing have valid reasons to feel otherwise. Either way passing on the info.

It does seem like the decent thing for Frank Productions to do would be drop ticket prices a bit and maybe give a meager partial refund for those of us who have already laid out the money. It is going to lower show expenses not having to pay the Misfits to play that should be passed on in a perfect world. Maybe even full refunds if someone had their heart set on seeing the Misfits and don't care about Motorhead.

Anyone get their hands on Motorizer? I think it is an above average recent Motorhead album. In particular Heroes and English Rose rank as instant classics.
Last edited by charliedon'tsurf on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:47 pm

oh drag :(
Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:42 am

The Orpheum website is only listing Airborne as dropping out for health reasons. Anyone with confirmation about the Misfits too?

The Orph isn't reporting the Misfits drop, but the Misfits myspace page says they are dropping out of the Volcom tour out of deference for their fans.

Oh well, what the fuck.
Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:12 am

Bunny Chow wrote:The Orpheum website is only listing Airborne as dropping out for health reasons. Anyone with confirmation about the Misfits too?

The Orph isn't reporting the Misfits drop, but the Misfits myspace page says they are dropping out of the Volcom tour out of deference for their fans.

Oh well, what the fuck.

In my post above I cut and paste a press release from Frank Productions (the agency booking the show) sent to the music director at WORT yesterday afternoon. It is the real deal and the Misfits are not playing.

It is likely not on the Orpheum website because they do not update it frequently and/or it is not in their financial interest to publicize that the Misfits dropped out.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby madhorror » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:37 pm

Is this really local music? shouldn;t this be in the Hype exchange as well? So, Airborne and the Misfits have cancelled off the tour and the tickets are still $50.00. What is up with that. I had Motorhead booked at Luther's a much smaller place and tickets were going to be $25.00. Unfortunately Lemmie broke his leg and had to cancel the show. Either way, I will see you all there.
madhorror
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Madison Music