MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Pagan Folk/Rock music by Peter Conover

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Pagan Folk/Rock music by Peter Conover

Postby karenncc1701 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:39 pm

I would like to bring to people's attention the music of retired singer/songwriter Peter Conover. He was popular a few years ago in the Madison Area and in the Madison Pagan community. I do not understand why his music has never been reviewed by pagan publications like Circle Magazine or New Witch or Witchvox. One of his songs, "Circle In" sounds like it was written for Circle Sancuary. I am not a member of Circle. I am new to the pagan community and I came across this artist's wonderful music. I feel that it exemplifies the spirit of paganism. Not all of his songs are pagan themed. Some are slightly political, some are about life in general, and all are poetry. "Chain and Ball" and "A Message Into Time" for example are masterpieces of stream of consciousness poetry, in my opinion. From reading his website http://www.peterconover.com I know that he has performed at Circle's gatherings as well as at Pagan Spirit Gatherings hosted by the Avalon community. One of his songs, "Avalon is Calling" was dedicated to the leader of the Avalon Community. "Avalon is Calling" brings to mind such vivid and beautiful images of the place that I feel I have been there, even though in reality I have not. The feeling of the pagan themed songs on his CD's touch the spirit of everything I perceive as paganism. Why have these two CD's, Metamorphic and Falcon, not ever been reviewed? If you want to hear for yourself what I'm talking about please go to his website, listen to his free downloads and buy his CD's through CD Baby. Please support this artist who's music can and will touch your soul, because whether you like the music or not, it will touch your soul. It's that good.
karenncc1701

Re: Pagan Folk/Rock music by Peter Conover

Postby Marvell » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:12 pm

This touching of my soul - it will be the appropriate kind of soul-touching, yes?

Because it's going to be really hard to show a police officer just where my soul was inappropriately touched by the Pagan folk/rock of Peter Conover...
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Pagan Folk/Rock music by Peter Conover

Postby karenncc1701 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:04 am

:P Since when is the touching of a soul illegial :wink: Take a look at the material, and let it talk for itself.
karenncc1701

Return to Madison Music